Manager, Product Design
Product Design Recife, Brazil Remote, Brazil
Liferay is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
At Liferay, Product Designers collaborate closely with Product Managers, Engineers, UX Researchers, Technical Writers, QA, and other Product Designers, to create a simple and easy to use experience that delivers business value.
Design Managers at Liferay play a critical, dual role — they lead both people and projects, mentoring the next generation of designers and filling any gaps we may have.
- People — take care of the team: Effectively manage designers.
- Hire — work with the Director of Product Design to build business cases for new headcount as necessary, work cross-functionally to recruit and onboard new talent.
- Grow — conduct regular 1:1’s and performance reviews with direct reports, develop growth plans for teammates.
- Prioritize — work with design leadership to ensure designers are aligned with company goals.
- Lead — align with cross-functional leaders to understand a project, and effectively break down big problems into smaller steps, coaching designers as they successfully execute.
- Deliver — quickly deliver success at the application level, growing in delivering at the platform level.
- Improve — work with design and cross-functional leaders to continuously improve our practice.
- Analyze — identify gaps, missing SOPs or areas of potential improvement, put together a clear business and execution plan.
- Contribute — work with the necessary people to effectively solve the problem and manage the changes required.
- Communicate — vertically (managing up and down), as well as horizontally (between other design or cross-functional partners) to ensure knowledge is effectively shared.
- Competence managing internationally
- Demonstrated expertise in managing designers of various levels
- Advanced or fluent in English to communicate with the global design team and stakeholders
- Experience in open source
- Expertise in B2B enterprise products and design systems
What We Offer
- Salary package w/competitive benefits, commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
- Working at a leading open-source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.