Associate Customer Support Engineer
Customer Care Tokyo, Japan
Liferay is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
The Customer Support Engineer is responsible for helping to resolve Liferay portal issues for our Japanese customers in fields that range from entertainment to finance to government and more. We focus on customer satisfaction, and you will work closely across all global in-house engineers. You proactively engage customers to find out their real needs, and You are responsible for our targeting service level. You need to be comfortable with finding the solution from Liferay product design, and delivering customer words to the product function.
Resolve mission-critical issues for customers building intranets, extranets, and websites with Liferay Portal in Japanese
- Communicate status updates with variety of customers in Japanese
- Reproduce issues
- Identify if the incident is caused by Liferay's core or customization.
- In case the incident is caused by Liferay, resolve it on your own or escalate to the technical support engineers.
- In case the incident is caused by customization, communicate with CAS and Support Manager for escalation to other teams, such as consultation.
Configure different environments to test and reproduce customer reported issues in the product
- Deploy Liferay Portal to supported application server/database deployment matrix to confirm if reported issue is product based or customer based
Communicate to internal Technical Support of the details of the issue for resolution
- Collaborate effectively internally and externally and able to communicate customers’ needs and expectations clearly and regularly with the customer and any of our other internal teams (CAS/TS/EE/etc)
Installing and test product patches and deliver to ensure product has been fixed based on customer needs
- Research for the solution. The reported issue might have a solution in our internal tools.
- Creating concise and accurate documentation for other teams such as Technical Support requirements
- Create well formatted LPPs (reproduction steps, expected results, actual results, results of code branch tests, any additional inputs )
- Understand, filter, simplify issues the best way possible
- Writing, Reading, and Speaking English Ability (TOEIC 860)
- Writing, Reading, and Speaking High Japanese Language ability (Writing and Speaking Business Level, such as JLPT N1)
- Experience starting a server on your local machine. (For example, Wordpress with MySQL, Apache and PHP, Or any server application with Docker, Vagrant)
- Experience of using Git.
- Any experience of programming.
- Familiar with basic Unix commands, such as cd, pwd, mkdir and vi
- Experience working with various application servers (Tomcat, Jboss, Glassfish, Weblogic, Websphere)
- Experience working with various databases (MySQL, Postgresql, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2)
- Experience building websites
- Experience implementing projects with strict deadlines
- 1-2 years experience working in a customer service capacity
- Proactively look out for potential issues the customer is unaware of.
- Able to use VMs
- Basic knowledge of Liferay related technologies (Ex; App servers, DBs, JVM, OS, Browsers, etc)
- Develop a basic understanding of Portal Administration
- How to set up a basic testing environment (Tomcat/MySQL)
- How to deploy Liferay to an Application Server
- Learn 4-5 different auxiliary components to a basic level
- Ability to work on basic level tickets from the 4-5 different components
- Able to create step-by-step instructions internally and externally after self investigation
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.