Software Engineer - Core Infrastructure
Software Engineering Diamond Bar, California
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
An excellent performance engineer is a rare breed. They love going to the lowest kernel layer of the software to make critical changes that affect the entire product. There’s something strangely satisfying about getting under the hood of software and making small changes that make huge impacts on an award-winning open source software product. The Software Engineer will work in a highly specialized role and requires that you have the unique experience of leading performance tuning operations for enterprise software.
Optimize Liferay DXP for better performance and higher scalability. This includes:
- Liferay DXP core code, database optimization and JVM (Java Virtual Machine) tuning
- Create new processes to test and monitor Liferay DXP performance changing trend
- Ensure performance can be planned and managed as code quality assurance process
- Train other departments on the performance tools you help create
- Design and implement Infrastructure functions and new features. This includes:
- Liferay DXP OSGi infrastructure development (the integration point of Liferay DXP and OSGi implementation) , this is one of the most important core structures of LIferay DXP
- Liferay DXP caching framework development (the integration point of Liferay DXP and Ehcache)
- Liferay DXP cluster communication and management (a framework built on JGroups to provide greater scalability for Liferay DXP)
- Liferay DXP template engine (a framework that allow existed engines like FreeMarker, Velocity, etc. to plug in and also empower us to create private engine implementation).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field plus 2 years experience in the job offered or closely related occupation
- Good knowledge of object-oriented, service-oriented and modularity (OSGi)
- Good knowledge of Java, JVM (Java Virtual Machine) and Java API
- Good knowledge of design patterns
- Good self-learner, love learning
- Good ability to work well under pressure, meet aggressive deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience with Linux, IntelliJ
- Experience with complex multi-thread concurrent system
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
- Working at a leading open-source company
Equal Opportunity Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.