HR Business Partner (m/w/d)
Human Resources Eschborn (Taunus), Germany
Liferay is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) provides hands-on day-to-day employee support while also influencing Liferay’s global employee experience and engagement strategy.
The HRBP is part of a team responsible for enhancing the employee experience and equipping leaders to grow and get better. This role will partner with business leaders to develop and execute HR strategies focused on talent management, organizational effectiveness, workforce planning, and employee engagement. In addition, they will own programs that run across the broader HR team. You will help business leaders drive success with data-driven recommendations that improve performance, retention, and the overall employee experience. Ultimately, an HRBP makes recommendations that enable the business to achieve success.
To succeed, you will need a flexible skill set, including the ability to think strategically, execute tactically, and collaborate across many teams, levels, and situations.
A strong candidate will share our team’s passion for people and creating a fun, respectful and engaging environment that enables people to reach their full potential.
- Take a consultative approach with clients and solutions in support of both short and long-term business priorities for Liferay’s go-to-market teams.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the business and assists in providing creative solutions to HR issues in order to maximize the success of the business.
- Support the development and implementation of employee programs that nurture our company's core values to engage employees and create a positive culture.
- Identify and deploy impactful people strategies and policies that enable the organization to perform effectively and scale efficiently.
- Help lead employee programs such as our Employee Volunteer Program (EVP), personal development program, global onboarding, and employer branding campaigns.
- Build a rapport with global leaders and employees to understand what matters most to them.
- Collect and analyze employee data, make recommendations based on trends within that data (data-driven decision-making).
- Recruitment and selection of new employees through different sources, keep the application process effective and innovative.
- Create together with leaders development programs for employees and provide courses and training that help them to grow and get better.
- Ensure a seamless administrative management regarding all payroll, contractual, absenteeism and social security related topics.
- Consult leaders if necessary in employment law questions and the application.
- 5+ years experience working in or around Human Resources
- Experience and exposure to a variety of HR processes including talent acquisition, employee relations, learning & development, compensation, and talent management
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex or difficult information with clarity and empathy.
- Adept at influencing through strong relationships.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a professional demeanor, with a working knowledge of federal and state employment laws and application.
- Strong at data analysis and providing solutions through data
- Welcomes feedback and excited about working to find solutions in a collaborative way.
- Demonstrates creativity when thinking about how to solve problems or address issues that don’t always have a clear answer.
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility, grow professionally, and Stay Nerdy
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
- Working at a leadingopen-source company
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible home office regulation
- Individual training and development opportunities
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.