Director, Global Partner Marketing
Corporate Marketing Diamond Bar, California Chicago, Illinois Remote, United States Raleigh, North Carolina
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five paid days paid to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
As Liferay has become recognized by Gartner as the leading open source platform for enterprise applications, we’ve realized we must continue to enhance our partner program. We have superb partners, world-class products, and a greater-than-profit vision of making excellent open source software while giving back to global communities, but our program is new and has a lot of room for improvement.
Enter stage left, you. You’re someone who has experience building and modifying world class partner/channel programs. You are a listener and learner who likes adding value and taking programs and processes to the next level. You are up to date on best practices in building a program that serves Liferay and our partners, including experience with channel operations, MDF programs and guidelines, global partner communications, partner portals, and integrated demand generation marketing campaigns.
Not only do you excel at partner marketing, you are also an inspiring leader who is excited when teaching others and establishing best practices. As a player/coach you also enjoy getting your hands dirty and working with partners. You will guide and aid partner marketing managers in their efforts to build long-term, productive relationships with partners.
If you are thrilled by the possibility of joining Liferay as the Director, Global Partner Marketing and helping enhance and further build an outstanding channel program, this might be the unicorn role for you.
- As a channel leader and in partnership with the Vice President of Global Channel Sales, establish the optimal strategy, program structure, operating principles, and rules of engagement for partners.
- Build and manage a team of Partner Marketing Managers who work closely with partners and the (Liferay) Channel Account Managers globally to drive demand through the channel
- Collaborate with key people/departments from across Liferay to understand Liferay’s marketing, product, sales, and customer success strategy to align the channel marketing strategy with the corporate strategy
- Understand Liferay’s brand awareness, demand and lead generation campaign focus, to determine how best to leverage partners to amplify the company messages and tactics through the channel
- Create analysis to highlight strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats of the current partner ecosystem and channel marketing programs
- Create a long term global channel marketing strategy to address channel program opportunities and weaknesses
- Create and execute a plan for efficient and effective global to-partner communications (tools and processes)
- Find creative ways to provide partners with repeatable, market-ready campaigns to execute independently
- Monitor the ROI of partner marketing programs and recommend ongoing enhancements to drive more demand through the global channel
- Oversee the channel program processes and operations including oversight of the partner portal, MDF process management, the opportunity registration process, and internal reporting capabilities
- Evaluate the MDF program and propose and execute enhancements to increase partner participation and partner lead generation
- Work closely with the channel enablement manager to determine necessary education, training, and certification programs for partners
- Prepare sales and marketing tools for partners to use in selling Liferay solutions using the assets provided by corporate marketing or create unique assets as required
- Proactively interact with key partners, making sure they know you’re a go-to person at Liferay to help develop marketing magic
- Create / Manage events for partners that strengthen the partner community and encourage camaraderie
- Annual Partner Summit
- Partner Advisory Board
- Experience building and leading a global channel marketing org
- Visionary leader, willing to roll up your sleeves to execute the details when needed
- Humble and collaborative
- 10+ years marketing experience
- At least 5 years of channel marketing experience
- At least 5 years of leadership/management experience
- Willingness to execute tactical functions while building and driving strategy
- Experience with marketing communications and content marketing
- Above average communications and writing skills
- Experience with partner portal best practices
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.