Technical Support Engineer
Support (Customer & Technical) Madrid, Spain
Liferay is looking for a Technical Support Engineer based in Spain to join its international Liferay Online Team.
This team focuses on delivering a SaaS offering of Liferay products, and we need your help to maintain and evolve this service.
By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others.
We are a diverse, multicultural and open source software company with employees all over the world. Our flagship product is Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Barclays, and Coach use to build great web experiences for their customers and employees.
To fulfill our mission, our core values guide us in our greater-than-profit vision beyond building great web experiences for our enterprise customers:
- Lead by Serving
- Value People
- Stay Nerdy
- Grow and Get Better
- Produce Excellence
As an example, we give employees 5 paid days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about and we donate a portion of our profits to various charities around the world each year.
About the team
Liferay Online is a new team focused on offering Liferay solutions on a SaaS modality for free, in exchange for feedback, usage data and promotion. As the Technical Support Engineer of the team, you will research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve issues in an accurate and timely manner. You will be responsible for working with different systems, software, and hardware and follow standard procedures to escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal departments.
Like other Liferay teams, Liferay Online is a multifunctional team where you will find backend developers, frontend developers, technical and product managers following an agile methodology. You will also have the opportunity to work with other teams, in a multicultural and international environment.
What to expect from this position
In order to make Liferay Online a robust and reliable service, we need a Technical Support Engineer to assume the following tasks:
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot the different layers of the offering (including the cloud-based stack) and identify solutions to resolve customer issues
- Develop technical solutions and workarounds to fix the issues
- Ensure technical solutions are delivered with the highest quality
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base tech notes and articles
What we expect from you
- Technical degree: Telecommunication, Information Technology…
- Expert knowledge and extensive programming experience with Java writing high quality code
- Problem-solving skills coupled with very strong motivation to identify and resolve issues
- Experience with cloud-related technologies, including Cloud Platforms (ideally GCP), container technologies, and SaaS platforms.
- Excellent communication skills, willing to collaborate with different teams in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently
What we offer
- Family Health Care Plan
- Food Card
- Kindergarten Assistance
- Gym Pass
- 1 additional perk of your own choice from these options: Transport Card, Office Parking Space or Digital Voucher
- English lessons (2 hours/week)
- International, multicultural and diverse environment focused on our people
- Employee Volunteer Program, including: 5 days/year in our Employee Volunteer Program to devote to the charity of your choice and 500€/year to donate to the charity of your choice
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.