Software Engineer, Technical Support
Support (Customer & Technical) Budapest, Hungary
We are full of lovers of technology, developing from our heart and always searching to find ways to incorporate new ideas into our product. Join our team!
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,100 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
ABOUT THE POSITION
Our vision for this position: Achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction by providing help on a deeper technical level and improve the product quality.
How we give awesome support
- We prefer quality focus vs rush to close (we don't have an external SLA)
- We work with a simulated customer environment
- We always respond with insight
- We don't rest until we solve the problem
The technologies we work with
- Java programming: Liferay is the leading Open Source Portal. We are significant contributors to more than one field (such as OSGi, Portlet Specs).
What do we do daily
- Answer heavy questions
- Advice for best approach
- Identify and solve bugs
- Do coding, code strategy
- Extend functionality
Our customers are Sysadmins, Developers and Partner consultants.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are offering Software Engineers a high flexibility environment with cutting edge technology and excellent opportunities to redefine how enterprise releases are handled and delivered. We place a highest priority on the development and success of our colleagues, with clarity of goals, performance and clear opportunities to grow and succeed.
Employee development is part of our DNA. We are continuously learning and constantly evolving new ways to enable skill development and growth across all roles.
If you are excited and enjoy solving technical solution challenges for customers, you will feel right at home at Liferay. We enable an environment to allow you perform your best to deliver a continuous improving service to our customers.
- We provide private health care to all our employees
- Our colleagues enjoy a broad range of post work social activities.
- We ensure to mark all events and enjoy office party celebrations.
- Our working environment is very enjoyable, spacious and bright with excellent faculties.
- We have large cooking and entertaining areas, gaming rooms, team building environments and a healthy balance of competition/social networking.
- We have a well-established football league, new players always welcome.
- We are known for our fabulous team cultural meals on-site. Why not bring your culinary skills to the office.
- Our office is 10 minutes walk from the Metro Station. We also have extensive Bicycle parking and Car Parking availability.
- We support and contribute to our communities through our Employee Volunteering Programme.
- You are at the right place - Liferay Hungary has won the "Best Employer" prize in 2020 by Kincentric! Check it out here.
If you are looking to grow your skills and career – in a very unique environment and culture you will find your next opportunity right here.
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a travelling community.