Learning Experience Designer
Global Education Diamond Bar, California Remote, United States
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
- You possess a strong technical depth that fuels your creativity showcased through the breathtaking media you have designed for products and projects.
- You think and act strategically with the ability to synthesize data and deliver crisp analysis and recommendations
- You have the leadership and teamwork skills required to deliver against tough deadlines with cross-functional colleagues from different departments
- You view problems from the perspective of your users, catering to their specific needs both known and unknown.
- You’re enthusiastic about learning everything you can about other disciplines and skills knowing that it fuels your growth.
- You have a wide breadth of abilities that allows you to work across multiple teams to get the job done.
- You work well with others and ensure that requirements and standards are upheld.
- Your attention to detail helps mitigate risk and sets priorities in the day-to-day operations that lead to deadlines being met.
- You are passionate about usability, you put thought and care into your work, and you accept and apply feedback without taking it personally.
- Unify all digital knowledge and education content
- Create a strategic, immersive, and engaging multi-channel digital learning experience
- 2-4 projects/product shipped throughout the year (e.g Education Journey Web Experiences, LMS Version Update, etc)
- Improve user’s experience on projects/products by analyzing key metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Design or related degree
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite and Figma
- Portfolio displaying past work and design skills
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.