Senior UI Consultant
Consulting Bangalore, India
- Advise client developers on Liferay front-end implementation. Recommend front-end solution to meet client’s requirement.
- Expand development responsibility to include web-tier development under Liferay DXP (portlets, commands, JSPs, etc.).
- Develop new user-facing features. Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Demonstrate independence and self-sufficiency in Liferay DXP front-end development.
- Respond to customer needs as they arise to ensure client satisfaction.
- Communicate with clients (directly) via verbal and written communication (in addressing issues, clearing up requirements, etc.)
- Take ownership of roles and responsibilities & Mentor associate consultants.
Skills And Qualifications:
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient understanding of CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Familiarity with Java, JSP, Spring
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that the application will adhere to them.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.