Associate Commercial Attorney
Legal Recife, Brazil São Paulo, Brazil
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino’s, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
This position is designed to support Liferay’s growing business operations in the LATAM region. The nature of the position requires strong language skills, close interaction and cooperation with Liferay’s Sales and Marketing teams, specifically, and also other business unit leaders, regional management and other internal stakeholders more generally. This position will be an integral part of Liferay’s global Commercial Legal team. The desired location for this position would be either in our offices in Recife (preferred) or Sao Paulo.
- Structuring, reviewing, revising and negotiating both strategic framework agreements and transactional documents with customer prospects for Liferay’s subscriptions, professional services and training offerings;
- Structuring, reviewing, revising and negotiating subcontracting, NDA, partner and sponsoring agreements;
- Structuring, reviewing, revising and negotiating vendor agreements;
- Supporting regional Marketing teams in contractual matters and (in liaison with other subject matter experts in Legal Department) on matters of data protection and competition law;
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Liferay’s Privacy Office on LGPD and other regional privacy frameworks;
- Providing (first) point of contact support for non-revenue contract related legal issues (e. g. employment agreements, leasing and purchasing agreements etc.);
- Identifying legal and operational risks and advising the business on options and consequences; and
- Assisting in the training of internal clients on legal and contracting documents and policies and issues, communicating with field personnel to educate on policies and procedures.
- Professional fluency and ability to negotiate agreements in Spanish. You should also be able to attend meetings in English, communicate with teams from other countries, and read documentation;
- Some understanding of common software development and business models in Liferay’s industry;
- Ability to work on customer paper is a plus;
- in-house or commercial law firm experience, demonstrated success in in-house environments is preferred;
- License to practice law in Brazil (OAB);
- Effective oral and written negotiation skills.
Awesome, but what does Liferay offer for me?
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Flexible schedule
- Work in a fast-growing, successful company with incredible mission and values
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.