Not Applicable Remote, United States
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
You love sales and working the full lifecycle of a deal from prospecting to closing. You love mapping out strategic accounts and finding opportunities to sell within them. You’re not afraid to be persistent and handle objections from potential customers.
You will be responsible for driving revenue for accounts in specific verticals such as Manufacturing, Insurance, Banking and Healthcare by enabling them on their digital transformation journeys using Liferay’s solutions.
- Responsible for New and Growth Annual Recurring Revenue.
- Acquire new customers and secure contracts that achieve assigned sales targets.
- Drive the entire sales cycle from initial customer engagement to close.
- Prospect for potential customers using various direct methods such as calling and face to face meetings, and indirect methods such as networking within the assigned vertical or segment of accounts
- Consult with prospect about business challenges and requirements, as well as the range of options and cost benefits of each
- Maintain a high level of relevant domain knowledge in order to have meaningful conversations with prospects
- Develop a deep understanding of the way a specific business operates, and the priorities that drive decisions from top-down.
- Make presentations to senior managers and decision makers
- Draft and deliver proposals, RFP/RFI responses in a professional manner
- Work with technical staff, product specialists, Solution Sales leads, where required to address customer requirements
- Ability to uncover business initiatives and pain points, tie it back to Liferay solutions
- Develop and maintain key account plans that identify opportunities for Liferay to deliver value, strategic motivators, main stakeholders, buying processes and forecasted sales utilizing our corporate sales methodology (Miller Heiman)
- Provide forecasts on best case and most likely sales volumes over relevant time periods
- Cultivate strong relationships with our channel and partner companies that may be required to deliver full solutions to customers
- Work with marketing and vertical pod resources to plan and execute lead generation campaigns
- Be a positive representative of the company and its brand in the marketplace through your conduct, social media presence, LinkedIn, etc.
- 3-5 Years of experience selling enterprise-level software solution sales (Content Management, ERP, CRM, eBusiness and/or eCommerce applications preferred) into Fortune 1000 and Mid-Market Enterprise accounts.
- 3-5 Years of senior level prospecting and self generating leads (e.g., Social Selling, Targeted Accounts)
- Ability to build executive client relationships and understand their business needs and challenges.
- Outstanding prioritization and self/time management skills
- A hunter sales personality - the position is focused on New Business.
- Solution seller focussed on selling on value and ROI vs features and functionality
- Understand the limitations and virtues of working in small teams to accomplish big goals
- Foundational understanding of technical environments where Liferay and it’s products are applicable.
- Foundational understanding of IT operations and how they operate
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel (50%)
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility, grow professionally, and Stay Nerdy
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
- Working at a leading open-source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.