Senior Test Engineer
Information Services Recife, Brazil
The Liferay Information Services (IS) team is looking for testers with a solid knowledge of software testing, with the ability to create high-quality automated test software using open source solutions. The candidate has to be able to work with team members to identify test priorities, plan and execute test automation strategies for their teams, and ensure that the overall quality of the application is consistently improving.
Liferay is a uniquely profitable open-source software company with 850+ fiery-eyed employees scattered across the known world. Our flagship product is Liferay Digital Experience Platform which companies like HP, Barclays, and Coach use to build great web experiences for their customers and employees. Along with making cool software, we have a greater-than-profit vision that fuels us. We give employees 5 days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about and we donate a portion of our profits to various charities around the world each year. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run.
- Perform functional manual and automated testing of Liferay DXP and other Liferay products
- Able to drive testing approach and execution for projects by collaborating with the Test Engineers, Project Managers, Developer Leads, and other product stakeholders.
- Collaborate with team members to enable continuous testing and delivery.
- Develop, maintain, improve and communicate the testing strategy and status with the teams.
- Analyze existing product design and source code to identify needed testing and testability improvements.
- Coach Developers and Test Engineers on improving testability, test practice, and strategies.
- Report risk proactively and effectively to stakeholders as needed.
- Able to iterate and innovate upon existing testing tools and strategies.
- Contributions generally impact important components of the work of the team
- Improves working methods of the team
- Strong understanding of Salesforce capabilities, proven configuration/testing experience with Salesforce App, Salesforce Integrations, and Lighting
- Strong Salesforce object knowledge such as process flows, Lightning, Apex, Java
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or an equivalent level of knowledge
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to break down complex problems
- A willingness to continuously learn and get better
- Self-management and organizational skills
- Experience working as a Test Engineer on a cross-functional team
- Experience developing automated tests (e.g. Webdriver, Cucumber, etc.) following maintainable design patterns (e.g. Page Object, etc.)
- Strong practical knowledge of SCM/VCS’ (Git / Mercurial / SVN) and related experience working with Github based development
- Experience using Issue Management systems (e.g. JIRA, etc.)
- Comfortable with databases (such as MySQL, Oracle, etc)
- Comfortable with Java Application Servers (e.g. Tomcat)
- Advanced English Level
- Experience setting up and managing CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins or other build management tools
- Experience working with Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.) as part of an Agile Testing methodology
- Experience in Performance/Load/Stress testing
- Expertise in writing a test strategy, test plans, and reports
What you’ll do
- Develop and update Test Strategy and Test Planning with the team
- Drive test plans and test strategy for features based on established risk profiles and use cases.
- Develop relevant KPIs and report on metrics
- Demonstrate an intermediate-level understanding of testing tools, testing strategies, and testing technologies.
- Standardize, improve, and communicate development and testing processes across the project and the QA guild.
- Develop and update automated and manual test cases as needed
- Work directly with developers throughout the development process, providing support for development efforts from pull request to the final merge
- Write clear, concise, and thoroughly investigated defect reports
- Perform root cause analysis research and effectively present findings to the cross-functional team
- Work with Continuous Integration tooling and processes
- Mentors less experienced team members
Awesome, but what does Liferay offer for me?
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Flexible schedule
- Work in a fast-growing, successful company with incredible mission and values
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.