Channel Account Manager
Channels Tokyo, Japan
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
We are looking for a Channel Account Manager, who will report to the Director, Channel Sales APAC. You are a self-driven Channel Account Manager with a demonstrated history of establishing partnerships and alliances through multiple routes to market...System Integrators, Digital Agencies, ISVs, and OEMs. You enjoy building thriving partner ecosystems. You possess a strong track record of exceeding pipeline and revenue targets in high growth, high ambition organizations. You understand the power of the channel to unlock market potential and better serve customers. Successful candidates will possess strong critical thinking skills, executive presence and an entrepreneurial spirit. If you have a passion for growing a business and a proven track record of success, we want to hear from you.
Your primary responsibility will be to drive revenue growth through our partners. You will proactively work with partners to close business opportunities, grow the pipeline of the channel, reach new strategic customers, and assure the channel sales quota is reached. You will utilize your exceptional presentation and relationship building skills to convey Liferay’s value proposition to partner sales professionals and to conduct on-boarding sessions and sales training. You will cultivate positive relationships with partners to maintain front-of-mind brand awareness. You will also work closely with both the inside and field sales teams and your channel marketing manager to ensure we get the most benefit from partners through lead sharing campaigns, marketing programs, incentives, sales and technical training, and events.
- Build and grow a healthy pipeline and generate revenue from your assigned partners
- Develop joint business plans with your assigned partners to ensure consistent growth within their Liferay practice
- Identify and influence all levels of channel partner organizations including sales, operations, engineering, client support and executive leadership to grow Liferay mindshare across all levels of the partnership
- Work closely with the Partner Marketing team and partners to build integrated content marketing strategies designed to drive demand and educate the market on Liferay's value proposition
- Provide clear, concise updates to senior leadership regarding key program initiatives, performance, and overall strategy
- Provide deal strategy, support, and resources to channel partners to drive pipeline and sales
- Prepare and participate in weekly forecast calls and quarterly business reviews
Partner Recruitment and Onboarding
- Assess current partners to identify gaps in the partner ecosystem
- Identify new partners who can provide value where current partners are unable to do so
- Recruit and onboard these partners
- Provide new and existing partners with the ongoing tools, support and understanding needed to successfully build, sell and support Liferay as a growing part of their business
- Provide ongoing partner training on Liferay products, programs, promotions, and overall value proposition
- Develop a solid understanding of each partner’s value proposition and be able to translate it into both written and oral communications for the internal Liferay Sales team and customers
- Generate enthusiasm and passion for Liferay products among partner sales and engineering teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, engineering, or technology with a strong interest in technology.
- Minimum 2 - 3 years of channel management experience with a track record of accelerating revenue growth through diligent partner acquisition and relentless partner management.
- Robust network and experience building and maintaining strategic alliances with partner/channel organizations - consulting firms/system integrators, VARs, ISVs, OEMs, and Digital Agencies.
- Demonstrated success in implementing metrics-based business plans and sustaining alignment with partners.
- Experience selling PaaS/SaaS with a proven track record of beating revenue targets
- Experience collaborating across departments...partner marketing, partner enablement, sales, and operations
- Independent self-starter who is a quick learner but also creative, resourceful, and persistent with a tenacious and aggressive “hunter” mentality
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficiencies in English and Japanese languages while working knowledge of Mandarin and/or Korean would be highly advantageous
- Willingness to travel (50%).
- Technical knowledge especially as it relates to portals, intranets, collaboration, digital commerce, and content management software
- Previous pre-sales support or direct sales experience is a plus
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers, and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.