Information Services Software Engineer
Other Budapest, Hungary
We are full of lovers of technology, developing from our heart and always searching to find ways to incorporate new ideas into our product. Join our team!
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,100 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Information Services team’s goal in Liferay is to ensure our regular releases are running smoothly and also we provide support for our other departments through our well-built systems. We believe that simplification and automation is the right way forward. We ensure that our major products’ quality (Liferay DXP) reaches a certain standard through a detailed code review process. We work hard on automating everything to give faster feedback for the developers and better turnaround times for code merge. We develop tools to support releases and manage the documentation of them (updating information in all systems like JIRA, our release notes documentation, etc.). We are responsible for delivering a software solution for our customers with which they can manage the patches on their servers well.
If you join this team, you’ll work with our engineers on maintaining our software ecosystem and services. We believe that you should work on what you are best at so the exact area you’d work with would be determined together. You will be responsible for the whole lifecycle of our product with complex infrastructure which serves our internal customers.ABOUT YOU
You are a determined software engineer with at least 3 years of experience. You are seeking for opportunities where you can grow and be better. We are looking for you if you match the following criteria:
- Java programming experience and knowledge is a must
- Ability to port and review related code
- Knowledge of the GIT version control system
And also, it’s nice to have some experience in
- NoSQL (MongoDB)
- build frameworks (Maven, Gradle, Ant)
- Spring framework
You are the perfect candidate if you think that the following qualities are important:
- Task and time management
- Proactive communication
- Creative thinking
- Ability to comprehend and to systematically organize the various aspects of a problem or situation
- Agile methodologies
- Fluency in English both spoken and written is essential.
We are offering Software Engineers a high flexibility environment with cutting edge technology and excellent opportunities to redefine how enterprise releases are handled and delivered. We place a highest priority on the development and success of our colleagues, with clarity of goals, performance and clear opportunities to grow and succeed.
Employee development is part of our DNA. We are continuously learning and constantly evolving new ways to enable skill development and growth across all roles.
- We provide private health care to all our employees
- Our colleagues enjoy a broad range of post work social activities.
- We ensure to mark all events and enjoy office party celebrations.
- Our working environment is very enjoyable, spacious and bright with excellent faculties.
- We have large cooking and entertaining areas, gaming rooms, team building environments and a healthy balance of competition/social networking.
- We have a well-established football league, new players always welcome.
- We are known for our fabulous team cultural meals on-site. Why not bring your culinary skills to the office.
- Our office is 10 minutes walk from the Metro Station. We also have extensive Bicycle parking and Car Parking availability.
- We support and contribute to our communities through our Employee Volunteering Programme.
- You are at the right place - Liferay Hungary has won the "Best Employer" prize in 2020 by Kincentric! Check it out here.
If you are looking to grow your skills and career – in a very unique environment and culture you will find your next opportunity right here.
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a travelling community.