Senior Channel Account Manager - OEM, North America
Channels Remote, United States Chicago, Illinois Diamond Bar, California Dallas / Fort Worth, Texas Atlanta, Georgia Philadelphia, Pennsylvania San Diego, California Virginia
Liferay is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
We are growing our OEM activities globally and are hiring a Senior Channel Account Manager - OEM. This role is a specialised sales role within the Liferay Channel Sales Organisation responsible for the profitable revenue growth and expansion of our OEM business in North America. The Senior Channel Account Manager - OEM will be responsible for the end-to-end sales process and growth strategies for customers/partners who take Liferay’s Digital Experience Platform and integrate that into their product offerings that they sell to their end users.
Initially this role will focus on the growth of our North American business but will evolve into a global role within the next 24 months. As a result, you are a seasoned OEM sales professional with a demonstrated history of establishing partnerships and alliances through multiple routes to market...OEMs, System Integrators, Digital Agencies and ISVs. You possess a strong track record of exceeding pipeline and revenue targets in high-growth, high-ambition organizations. You understand the power of partnerships to unlock market potential and better serve customers. Successful candidates will possess strong critical thinking skills, executive presence, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
As Senior Channel Account Manager - OEM at Liferay you will
- Be responsible for sales leadership, profitable growth, development and expansion of our OEM customer base, initially within the North America region and then globally.
- Help define, extend, coordinate and implement Liferay’s Regional and Global OEM sales strategies and initiatives in conjunction with the Head of Global OEM, VP of Global Channel Sales, Director of Partner Operations and the global channel leadership team.
- Be individually accountable and responsible for the sales of assigned OEM customers and directly develop selected new potential accounts.
- Generate interest and pipeline from target opportunities via outbound prospecting and through response to inbound lead inquiries.
- Partner with our product strategy and other teams to scale the OEM motion and extend the Liferay brand through partnerships with relevant companies.
- Partner with sales colleagues to explore growth opportunities to align with Liferay’s Global OEM business model.
- Partner with Liferay Technical teams to scope product integration requirements.
- Negotiate and close contracts to meet target performance goals.
- Develop and negotiate commercial terms and partner with Liferay’s legal team to finalise contract arrangements.
- Act as an expert on the value of Liferay’s Digital Experience Platform through live demonstrations and collaboration sessions with clients and prospects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, engineering, or technology preferred.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of OEM channel sales experience with a track record of accelerating revenue growth through diligent partner acquisition.
- Robust network and experience building and maintaining strategic alliances with partner/channel organisations
- Experience collaborating across departments–partner marketing, partner enablement, sales and operations
- Independent self-starter who is a quick learner but also creative, resourceful and persistent with a tenacious and aggressive “hunter” mentality and sense of urgency
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel (50%)
- Technical knowledge especially as it relates to portals, intranets, collaboration, digital commerce and content management software
- Previous sales engineering or direct sales experience is a plus
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.