Senior Full-stack Consultant
Consulting Tokyo, Japan
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,300+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Full-stack consultant with both backend and frontend experience. We are looking for a candidate that is excited about cloud technology and the solutions it can provide to our valued customers. The ideal candidate enjoys providing the solution for both our customers and partners to help them reach their full potential, and you see business needs as an opportunity.
Architect front-end and back-end solutions, oversee implementing features to design, and enforce best practices and conventions.
- Design and implement front-end and back-end solution architecture, mindful of reusability, maintainability, and modularity.
- Create and share reusable front-end modules both internally and in the open-source world (e.g. npm).
- Experience working within an agile software development lifecycle with testing, continuous integration and deployment (Git, Maven, Jira, Gradle, Jenkins, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of databases (MySQL, Oracle)
- Open to refinement suggestions from the open-source community.
- Oversee the implementation of front-end solution designs (for big projects).
- Design and implement custom applications working with Liferay's low code architecture, including React, Spring Boot, etc.
- Knowledge or experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Jenkins)
- Implement and enforce GS (and industry) best practices and convention.
- Consult client on best fitting framework per client’s requirements.
- Provide guidance to client on UX design.
- Provide UX design recommendations at component level.
- Recommend best approach in leveraging front-end frameworks.
- Interface directly with clients to move project forward (including, but not limited to, clarifying requirements, address reported issues, provide project statuses, etc.).
- Lead client-facing demos at component level.
- Work with EMs and clients to accept work, estimate level of effort, and define deliverables.
- Author best practice guides/white papers and/or speaking roles at conferences/symposiums/BU meetings.
- Takes ownership of project.
- Deliver projects and customer value consistently
- Mentor and oversee less experienced team members.
- Design and deliver front-end and back-end solutions and features consistently and successfully.
- Become subject matter expert in front-end and back-end development.
- Learn managerial skills.
- Refine interpersonal skills (in team building).
- English: Conversational Fluency
- Japanese: Native and Business Fluency
- Strong of deep technical experience on technical projects on client sites.
- Strong in Java web development.
- Proficient in Liferay web module development.
- Basic understanding of relational databases.
- Experience with full SDLC including business requirements gathering, technical specifications, development, and testing.
- Experience with Liferay DXP (features and applications) .
- Has experience with and understands the methodologies and best practices employed by Liferay/GS.
- Excellent prioritization, organization, and time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate complex business solution concepts clearly and persuasively to diverse audiences.
- JS-based framework (Angular, React, Vue, Node.js etc)
- CSS (advanced)
- Java Framework (Spring, Hibernate, Struts etc)
- DevOps (GitHub Actions, Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Git etc)
- Unit and functional testing
- Database (MySQL, PostgreSQL etc)
- Webserver (Nginx, Apache)
- Design front-end solution architecture for project
- Microservices frameworks and services
- External frameworks (e.g. Spring Boot)
- System security
- SDLC (FLC)
- Code review for correctness & best practices
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement:
Liferay Japan K.K. is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnership status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.