Consulting Helsinki, Finland
clients like Cisco, Sesame Street, AutoZone, and Volkswagen, pushed you to fix the most complex technical problems, and equipped you to train the growing population of Liferay users? Well, enter stage left a new position we just opened. Our Consultant position is a cross between consulting, technical support, and training. We’re looking for people who love open source, enjoy wearing multiple hats, and want to grow with a company that’s bursting at the seams.
● Provide technical leadership and guidance in the installation, configuration, and implementation of Liferay’s Java-based technologies
● Amaze clients by planning, designing, building, and delivering innovative solutions out of the box or through customizations
● Maintain the confidence of both customers and colleagues in Liferay products and technologies
● Deliver projects quickly, cost-effectively, and with the highest quality
● Communicate. Efficiently.
● Conduct engaging Liferay trainings for key customers
● Fix product defects to ensure successful deployment of client projects
● Travel 50% of the time to customer sites to provide face-to-face technical solutions or trainings
Note: As in any fast-paced, agile environment, the list above is just some of the challenging opportunities you will tackle. You'll excel if you are able to enthusiastically overcome hurdles, quickly adjust to changing priorities, and have a blast working with a crazy fun team.
● Love for cutting-edge technology
● Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent level of demonstrated knowledge required
● Experience in writing enterprise strength Java / J2EE code
● Advanced understanding and experience in Java and OO design
● Enjoy teaching people complex topics
● Expert knowledge of databases (MySQL, Oracle)
● Experience with Websphere, Weblogic, JBOSS AS, or Tomcat
● Solid knowledge of Windows and Linux OS, Servlets/JSP, Spring and Hibernate, application performance and performance tuning
● Prior experience with Liferay or other portal solutions a plus
● Demonstrates expert analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with very strong motivation to identify and resolve customer issues
● Flexible, proven ability to work well under pressure, meet aggressive deadlines
● Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
● Strong escalation handling skills; able to facilitate discussion to peacefully resolve conflict
● Familiarity with agile software development lifecycle
● Works well with distributed team
● Flexible (like Gumby)
The role can also be based in Europe where Liferay has offices (London, Dublin, Paris, Frankfurt, Budapest, Madrid, Vimercate...)
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, Africa and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino’s, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
Salary is based on previous experience.
Liferay International Ltd. is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnership status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a travelling community.