Senior Product Owner
Not Applicable Recife, Brazil Remote, Brazil
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
As a Senior Product Owner at Liferay, you are the voice of our product. You are responsible for maximizing the value of work done by the development team. As a key member of our global product team you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process from discovery to delivery. You will work directly with designers, engineers, and stakeholders to ship meaningful and exciting products and you will act as a mentor and role model for other less experienced product owners. If you have an innovative mindset and love the idea of breaking barriers and leading in a collaborative team environment then apply today!
We are looking for experienced and passionate product owners that can help us work on the future of digital experience. Note that we are looking to hire for multiple roles and once we review your resume and experience we will target a specific role and team to match your qualifications and background. Our different teams are empowered around the following objectives that drive value to our customers:
- Deliver a digital experience that is engaging and informative - Required experience: Web design and content authoring, previous experience with content management systems (CMS) and marketing automation
- Sell products and service through digital channels - Required experience: previous experience with e-commerce platforms (B2B commerce experience is a plus)
- Empower users to address common needs efficiently and without outside help - Required experience: previous experience with incident management systems, customer portals and collaboration technologies.
- Optimize the entire digital experience to improve user satisfaction and business outcomes - Required experience: Strong analytical skills, experienced building and leveraging ML/AI, previous experience with data and analytics technologies.
- Orchestrate the foundational services needed to digitally transform your business - Required experience: Identity management and access control systems, security and privacy regulations, customer data platform (CDP) and user onboarding, Web development tools and technologies
- Operate the platform and underlying infrastructure to provide a reliable digital experience - Required experience: Managing cloud environments including: deploying, monitoring, scaling applications in multiple cloud providers: AWS, GCP and Azure
About the team
The Optimize team is responsible for making Liferay customers successful with our products and services. We are data geeks who are passionate about helping our customers make data driven decisions that maximize customer outcomes. We utilize a range of tools including analytics, personalization, content optimization and A/B testing to help our customers understand their users and provide tailored experiences that increase key metrics such as customer engagement, retention and revenue.
- Contribute to the product vision and program backlog
- Own team backlog and implementation
- Define iterations and stories and accept iteration increments
- Drive iteration goals and iteration content via prioritized stories
- Sprint Planning. As the Product Owner you are the primary source for story detail and priorities and you also have responsibility of accepting the final sprint plan and release
- Participate in team demo and retrospective
- Bring best in class product owner practices and help to implement them across the company
- Act as a mentor and set an example for other product owners
- Relevant customer focused software experience in a Product Owner role
- Relevant product experience or a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science or related
- Ability to speak and write English fluently
- Proven track record of leading through influence and vision
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Experience with Jobs-to-be-Done (JTBD) framework is a plus
- Experience with Data Privacy laws (GDPR, CCPA, CPRA)
- Experience working on optimisation, personalization or data analytics products
- Experience working with Big Data, Machine Learning and AI products
- This position may require travel to customer and non-customer sites
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility, grow professionally, and Stay Nerdy
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
- Working at a leading open-source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.