Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Cloud Customer Care Bangalore, India
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer you will be tasked with setting up and evolving our observability and monitoring capabilities in order to provide excellent services to our customers. You will also have responsibilities on incident management and problem management disciplines as well as deliver technical debt to our platform. Working alongside peers around the world, regional best practices will be shared and implemented. Your ultimate goal is to provide fail-proof services while improving our platform and mentoring other team members along the way.
If you thrive as a code sleuth in a fast-paced environment and enjoy the challenge of always facing new problems, we have the right spot for you.
Our team is distributed globally and you have the unique opportunity of learning and connecting with peers in different regions across the globe. If this sounds like a challenge you are up for, apply today!
- Troubleshoot platform issues reported by customers
- People management skills
- Develop technical solutions and workarounds to ensure successful client projects
- Provide technical leadership and guidance of Liferay Cloud's technologies
- Do R&D and participate in projects to enhance the quality of our platform and efficiency of our Customer Care group
- Ensure technical solutions are delivered with the highest quality
- Suggest improvements and have a humble, everyone-can-learn-from-everyone attitude
- Mentor other developers
- Work in an open source distributed company with strong ethical values, sharp vision, in an international environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Solid experience on a software engineering team supporting an active product
- Professional experience with at least 1 object-oriented language
- Professional experience with Linux-based operating systems
- Strong English communication is a must
- Experience working remotely and/or with a distributed team
- Experience with Unix and Linux-based operating systems
- Experience with the following programming languages:
- Experience with these technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, Nginx, Jenkins, Tomcat, MySQL, Elasticsearch, and Liferay DXP
- Experience with these services: Dynatrace (APM), Managed Kubernetes Services (e.g. AKS, EKS, GKE, or OpenShift) - GKE preferred
- Experience in these roles: Site Reliability Engineer, Software Engineer, Customer Support, Technical Support, Server Administration
- Any of the following certifications is a plus:
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect
- Google Cloud Certified Professional DevOps Engineer
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Security Engineer
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Network Engineer
What We Offer
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement