German Speaking HR Generalist
Human Resources Budapest, Hungary
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this role
Liferay needs an enthusiastic HR Generalist who is thrilled by the opportunity to join a fast-growing digital company bursting at the seams to help us drive policies, personnel, and planning across our workforce as we continue to cultivate a world-class environment for people to do great work.
The experienced HR Generalist will support multiple business functions based across EMEA. This role requires the individual to have a strong understanding of HR who can provide managers and employees with guidance in relation to initiatives based on best practices.
Partnering with the EMEA VP's, GM's, and the Global HR Team, this role will have direct interaction and engagement with employees as well as managers and leaders.
The HR Generalist will be a trusted thought partner and will be responsible for our people centric activities throughout the entire employee lifecycle with the objective of providing a unique employee experience to our people at Liferay.
- Support the drafting and implementation of company HR policies
- Assist local leaders to carry out departmental team and personnel management, including but not limited to performance evaluation, talent development, team building, etc.;
- Connect regularly with Leaders who support functions that sit within the local employee population to ensure continuity for cross-site teams and business units
- Maintain records of personnel-related data and ensure all legislative requirements are met
- Administrate employee health and welfare plans
- Manage new hire orientation and onboarding to introduce employees to Liferay’s policies, benefits, and culture
- Organize the collection, preparation and distribution of payroll information in a timely and accurate manner
- Issue ad-hoc employee letters
- Update and maintain internal systems including posting HR/Territory updates to Liferay’s communication platforms
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activities
- Participate and contribute to HR projects as required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in relevant work experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in a HR role
- Demonstrated ability on recruiting, head-hunting and candidate management
- Ability to build relationships at all levels within the organization
- Fluent German and English
Personal Attributes Required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality
What We Offer
All of our new joiners say that we work with people who help each other to accomplish their personal and company goals. To enable this we, together, created a unique environment where you can grow without rivalry by using your strengths. We also believe that here at Liferay we should spend 60% of our time with daily work, 20% of our time by helping each other and 20% with learning something new. Maintaining this is a common expectation for all our team members, supporting it is the primary expectation for our leaders.
- You can work from home with at least 2 days per month in the office, but our office is always open for you.
- We provide you personalized growth plans and training opportunities.
- In our office you get your personal workspace, gameroom, a well equipped kitchen with stove top and a terrace with a grill. Celebrate good times, c’mon!
- We work in a culture where we appreciate you sharing your thoughts (from colleagues to top management).
- Your health is important for us: We provide private health care to all our employees.
- You can work at a leading open-source company.
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement What We Offer
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.