Consulting Tokyo, Japan
Software Engineer Intern
Liferay is the leading provider of digital enterprise open source platform and collaboration software products. With offices in North and South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia, Liferay offers professional services, technical support, custom development and professional training for many Fortune 500 companies worldwide.
Liferay is looking for a Software Engineering Intern who has a hunger to put their knowledge to the test and apply it to real world projects. The internship is hands-on, rigorous, and FUN! - but that’s largely dependent on you.
Your work will include but not limited to:
- Learn industry standards, best practices, and team conventions in Software Development.
- Integrate applications with Liferay platform & suite of products according to specific business needs.
- Participate in an agile process to clarify requirements, manage your own delivery and obtain feedback on your deliverables.
- Learn software development lifecycle and leverage Liferay’s suite of products and platform.
Dates, Days, Time: Min 12 hrs per week. Mon-Fri 9:30-18:00
Location: #101, 6-7, Ebisunishi, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 〒150-0021
- Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
- No Japanese required but preferred
- Computer Science or STEM related Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required.
- Java development experience preferred but not required
- React or Angular experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of GitHub best practices
- Some experience with OpenSource projects