Sales Remote, United States Diamond Bar, California
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino’s, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
You love sales and working the full lifecycle of a deal from prospecting to closing. You love mapping out strategic accounts and finding opportunities to sell within them. You’re not afraid to be persistent and handle objections from potential customers. You will be responsible for driving revenue for accounts in specific verticals such as Manufacturing, Insurance, Banking and Healthcare by enabling them on their digital transformation journeys using Liferay’s solutions.
- Responsible for New and Expansion Annual Recurring Revenue.
- Strategically own your assigned accounts and grow the “book of business”
- Understand the business direction and goals of the accounts as a whole
- Add value to the customer long-term by becoming a subject matter expert in vertical to be a trusted advisor who understands business value - industry knowledge, competitive landscape, core business model for that vertical
- Account plan for future product expansion and to grow accounts over time
- Create an executive network within accounts in territory
- Ability to build executive client relationships and understand their business needs and challenges.
- Outstanding prioritization and self/time management skills
- A hunter sales personality - the position is focused on both New Business.
- Understand the limitations and virtues of working in small teams to accomplish big goals
- Foundational understanding of technical environments where Liferay and it’s products are applicable.
- Foundational understanding of IT operations and how they operate
- Experience in software sales with responsibility for meeting an individual sales quota
- Experience in closing large software deals
- A proven track record in a sales account manager role, with significant over-quota achievement and demonstrated career stability
- A proven track record of successfully selling enterprise-level software solution sales (e.g. Content Management, ERP, CRM, eBusiness and/or eCommerce applications)
- Demonstrated ability to execute each phase of the sales cycle, from lead generation (cold calling, leveraging of channels and contacts) to lead qualification and sales close
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- University degree or equivalent experience
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.