Customer Support Engineer
Support (Customer & Technical) Budapest, Hungary
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,100 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five extra days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates a portion of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
ABOUT THE POSITION
Are you a tech lover? Do you enjoy investigating like a detective? Do you enjoy interacting with new people every day? If your answer is yes you are at the right place. Liferay is looking for a sharp and hard-working Customer Support Engineer to join our growing support team. As a Customer Support Engineer you will have the opportunity to help resolve Liferay product issues for hundreds of companies in fields that range from entertainment to finance to government and more.
- Manage multiple reported issues among various customers simultaneously
- Investigate real-life scenarios that occur within Liferay’s products
- Recognize and gather crucial information which lead us to the solution
- Configure different java web based environments each day to test and aim to reproduce customer issues
- Maintain a professional and quality relationship with customers through our internal ticketing system
- Communicate status updates and drive communication with customers from start to finish
- Work together as a team to deliver the best possible solutions through brainstorming and knowledge sharing
- Create and assist in maintaining internal and public facing documentation
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR / OUR EXPECTATIONS
- Customer-focused engineer with a Computer Science background
- Experience working with various application servers (mostly: Tomcat), and various databases (mostly: MySQL, Oracle)
- Ability to speak, read, and write excellent English
- Good problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Motivation for continuous learning and improvement and flexibility to adjust quickly to changes
- Proven ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time while paying strict attention to details
- Passion for quality, client/partner satisfaction and new technologies.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are offering Customer Support Engineers a stress-free, people-first workplace, where you can work with highly flexible environments with cutting edge technology and excellent opportunities to redefine how enterprise releases are handled and delivered.
We place the highest priority on the growth and success of our colleagues, with a flexible approach to reach a work style that includes 60% daily work, 20% helping each other and 20% learning time with near zero administration.
If you are excited and enjoy solving technical challenges that are coming from real-life scenarios, you will feel right at home at Liferay. We provide an environment that allows you to perform your best while you develop your technical skills even further.
- We provide a Premium Generali Company Health Care package to all of our employees.
- Our colleagues enjoy a broad range of post work social activities.
- We ensure to mark all events and enjoy office party celebrations.
- Our working environment is very enjoyable, spacious and bright with excellent faculties.
- We have large cooking and entertaining areas, gaming rooms, team building environments and a healthy balance of competition/social networking.
- We are known for our fabulous team cultural meals on-site. Why not bring your culinary skills to the office.
- Our workplace supports a hybrid system that enables Remote Work and Office Work at the same time.
- Our office is 10 minutes walk from the Gyöngyösi utca Metro Station. We also have extensive Bicycle parking and Car Parking availability.
- We support and contribute to our communities through our Employee Volunteering Programme.
- You are at the right place - Liferay Hungary has won the "Best Employer" prize in 2020 by Kincentric! Check it out here.
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a travelling community.