Senior Software Engineer
GS Engineering Recife, Brazil
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
- Architect features and implement features, oversee and mentor team members in implementing features to design, and enforce best practices and conventions
- Design and maintain solution architecture of major components (as a feature owner)
- Implement and oversee the implementation of solution designs
- Tune for performance in JVM, application server, and code
- Configure Liferay DXP, app servers, web servers, JVM, to best meet the needs of clients
- Implement & enforce industry standards and best practices in solution
- Deliver GS non-full lifecycle packages to clients (kick-start, go-live, etc.)
- Recommend best approach in extending or overriding Liferay DXP features
- Interface directly with clients to move projects forward (including, but not limited to, clarifying requirements, address reported issues, provide project statuses, etc.)
- Lead client-facing demos at component level
- Provide technical leadership and guidance in the installation, configuration, implementation, and deployment of Liferay’s Java-based technologies
- Work with EMs and clients to accept work, estimate level of effort, and define deliverables.
- Author best practice guides/white papers and/or speaking roles at conferences/symposiums/BU meetings
- Mentor and oversee team members
- Deliver features (in design and implementation) consistently and successfully
- Amass domain knowledge of various industries to refine solution architecture skills
- Fluent in English (Verbal and Written)
- Deep technical experience on technical projects on client sites
- Strong experience with Java & JEE
- Strong experience with relational databases
- Strong experience with Java frameworks such as Spring (DI, AOP) and *Hibernate (or equivalent).
- Experience with full SDLC including business requirements gathering, technical specifications, development, testing, and deployment
- Excellent prioritization, organization and time management skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate complex business solution concepts clearly and persuasively to diverse audiences
- Ability to travel 5-10% of the time to customer sites
- Experience with Liferay DXP (features and applications) (+).
- Experience tuning JVM and application servers (+)
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility, grow professionally, and Stay Nerdy
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
- Working at a leading open-source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.