Account Executive Global Services EMEA
Not Applicable Madrid, Spain
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
Liferay is looking for an Account Executive to join the Liferay sales team. The Account Executive will primarily work to boost professional services sales in the Direct Sales Channel for the EMEA region, the position is focused on both New Business and Existing business.
As AE you’ll help customers use information to grow faster and be more efficient in an increasingly digital world being part of a global team of highly skilled and entrepreneurial professionals.
- Achieve customer satisfaction through the sale of sound consulting projects
- Work with other members of Liferay’s global sales and services teams to identify, document and close consulting engagements
- Gather requirements, generate proposals and present to customer senior management
- Respond to RFx requests to best position Liferay Global Services to meet customer requirements through professional proposal generation.
- Build and manage a sales pipeline with the goal of meeting and exceeding assigned sales quota
- “Hands-on” development of new sales opportunities through prospecting for net new and existing accounts, follow up on identified leads, leveraging direct professional relationships
- Work with the AE teams to drive direct-sales opportunities to closure, and establish strong, long-lasting relationships which will yield on-going successes in accounts
- Work as a team player. Candidate must be able to work effectively with Liferay team members and “wear multiple hats” when it becomes necessary
- Contribute to engagement scoping and value proposition
- Travel of approximately 50% within an assigned territory or as business needs dictate.
- Ability to understand clients’ business needs and drivers to transition into leading roadmap conversations;
- Ability to build executive client relationships
- Awesome prioritization and self/time management skills
- A hunter sales personality - the position is focused on both New Business and Existing business.
- Foundational understanding of technical environments where Liferay and it’s products are applicable.
- Foundational understanding of IT operations and how they operate
- History of attaining or exceeding annual sales quota.
- Ability to build account strategies in collaboration with sales and Global Services Team
- Experience of working with cross functional teams to achieve objectives
- Collaborative spirit, open to sharing knowledge, and supporting sales teams on closing deals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as reporting and presentation expertise.
- Experience in software sales and cloud solutions with responsibility for meeting an individual sales quota
- Experience of the whole sales lifecycle, from prospecting to closing.
- Experience in closing large software solutions deals
- A proven track record in a sales account manager role, with significant over-quota achievement and demonstrated career stability
- A proven track record of successfully selling enterprise-level software solution sales (e.g. Content Management, ERP, CRM, eBusiness and/or eCommerce applications)
- Demonstrated ability to execute each phase of the sales cycle, from lead generation (cold calling, leveraging of channels and contacts) to lead qualification and sales close
- Excellent presentation skills to executives & individual contributors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High english level, other languages such a german and/or italian is a plus
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- 5 additional perks (Health Care Plan, Transport Card/Office Parking Space, Food Card, Gym Allowance…)
- English lessons (2 hours/week)
- Opportunities to take responsibility, grow professionally, and Stay Nerdy
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
- Working at a leading open-source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.