Solution Architect - Commerce
Sales Vimercate, Italy
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
The solution architect’s role is to be a commerce subject matter expert that can support Liferay’s sales teams, partners and clients identify and maximize the value they can leverage from our platform. This individual, along with the sales team, helps match customers requirements to Liferay’s capabilities and pitch the potential solutions that can be created to meet their needs. In this capacity, this person is expected to provide various options to meet the client's stated requirements that blend both Liferay's capabilities as well as 3rd party software recommendations and integrations. The successful candidate will also be expected to provide some high level architectural support to client, partner and internal delivery teams to ensure that Liferay’s platform capabilities are properly utilized in delivering successful outcomes to our customers. This will require them to become well versed in the technical aspects of the Liferay platform also
- Provide digital commerce subject matter expertise to identify and recommend workable solutions to clients and prospects
- Create and distribute reusable Liferay Commerce sales, marketing, and delivery content to ensure scalability of solution area and group
- Support the business development life cycle by serving as a solution SME and assisting with the identification and qualification of business development opportunities
- Help support vendor relationship for Liferay Commerce sales and delivery
- 5 years of experience in solution design and architecture of B2B and/or B2C commerce websites and solutions
- 3 years of experience in pre-sales strategy, business development, and/or proposal creation
- Strong grasp of Commerce essentials e.g. product catalogues, price lists, discounts, orders, accounts, ERP integration, etc.
- Strong requirements and design documentation skills are a must
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with strong presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to facilitate team and client meetings
- In-depth professional experience/background working in professional services, sales or customer support operations
- Ability to understand business requirements and convert them into solution designs
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously; workload will be a blend of small, medium, and large implementation projects
- BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management or equivalent field
- Travel Required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, or related field.
- Good team player. You’ll be part of the Liferay family and this is important for us.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- A background in e-commerce, specifically B2B.
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.