Customer Support Engineer
Customer Care Budapest, Hungary
About You and this Role
Are you a tech lover? Do you enjoy investigating like a detective? Do you enjoy interacting with new people every day? If your answer is yes you are at the right place. Liferay is looking for a sharp and hard-working Customer Support Engineer to join our growing support team.
We are offering Customer Support Engineers a remote (2 days per month in the office) workplace with freedom to explore their own ways with long-term learning opportunities and working with a continuously renewing set of technologies in a true 8-hour workday.
As a Customer Support Engineer you will have the opportunity to help resolve Liferay product issues for hundreds of companies in fields that range from entertainment to finance to government and more.
- Manage multiple reported issues among various customers simultaneously
- Investigate real-life scenarios that occur within Liferay’s products
- Recognize and gather crucial information which lead us to the solution
- Configure different java web based environments each day to test and aim to reproduce customer issues
- Maintain a professional and quality relationship with customers through our internal ticketing system
- Communicate status updates and drive communication with customers from start to finish
- Work together as a team to deliver the best possible solutions through brainstorming and knowledge sharing
- Create and assist in maintaining internal and public facing documentation
What We Offer
All of our new joiners say that we work with people who help each other to accomplish their personal and company goals. To enable this we, together, created a unique environment where you can grow without rivalry by using your strengths. We also believe that here at Liferay we should spend 60% of our time with daily work, 20% of our time by helping each other and 20% with learning something new. Maintaining this is a common expectation for all our team members, supporting it is the primary expectation for our leaders.
- You can work from home with at least 2 days per month in the office, but our office is always open for you.
- We provide you personalized growth plans and training opportunities.
- In our office you get your personal workspace, gameroom, a well equipped kitchen with stove top and a terrace with a grill. Celebrate good times, c’mon!
- We work in a culture where we appreciate you sharing your thoughts (from colleagues to top management).
- Your health is important for us: We provide private health care to all our employees.
- You can work at a leading open-source company.
- Customer-focused engineer with a Computer Science background
- Ability to read and understand Java code
- Experience working with various application servers (mostly: Tomcat), and various databases (mostly: MySQL, Oracle)
- Ability to speak, read, and write excellent English
- Good problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Motivation for continuous learning and improvement and flexibility to adjust quickly to changes
- Proven ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time while paying strict attention to details
- Passion for quality, client/partner satisfaction and new technologies.
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.