Senior Software Engineer
Backend Development Recife, Brazil
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
Are you passionate about software development, and do you feel proud when you help create a product used by many people? Do you enjoy working in a multidisciplinary and diverse team? Always wanted to live an experience working in an open source company?
At Liferay you will have the opportunity to experience it all!
If you identify with the profile, and think you have a good fit with this position, apply and come talk to us!
- Work on a long-term product, to offer the best possible solutions;
- Autonomously, implement new features of moderate complexity and fix bugs;
- Write quality code according to Liferay's pre-established standards;
- Autonomously implement unit and integration tests to cover the test scenarios required in the functionalities;
- Interact with external team members as needed.
- Experience in Java web development;
- Experience in versioning tools (preferably Git);
- Experience in JUnit;
- Proficiency in technical English. Being able to discuss a feature or bug in English, in addition to writing and reading technical documentation;
- Work well in a team;
- Be proactive, motivated by new challenges, and able to learn quickly;
- Good communication skills, both oral and written;
- Be proactive in proposing improvements to identified problems;
- Be humble to accept suggestions from other team members.
- Reside or be willing to move to Recife;
- Be proactive, motivated and learn fast.
- Knowledge of design patterns;
- Frontend knowledge (at least one framework);
- Knowledge of security and performance best practices in software development.
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility, grow professionally, and Stay Nerdy
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
- Working at a leading open-source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.