LifeNet Health Foundation Development Coordinator
Foundation Development Coordinator
Location: Virginia Beach, VA (Sabre)
Job Type: Full-Time
Shift: Mon. – Fri.: 8:15AM – 5:00PM; overtime as needed with travel up to 20%
LifeNet Health is searching for talented individuals who will embrace our mission of saving lives, restoring health, and giving hope.
LifeNet Health, headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, is the largest nonprofit organ procurement organization (“OPO”) and tissue processor in the United States, as well as a leading innovator in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. Our goal is to improve the quality of human life through the provision of organs, tissues and cells for transplantation; to provide innovation in the fields of bio-implants, regenerative medicine and research; and, to serve the community with educational and support services that enhance the donation process. LifeNet Health has over 1200 employees and has a growing global presence.
How you will contribute to LifeNet Health’s success:
As the Foundation Development Coordinator, you plan, manage, and execute all aspects of the LifeNet Health Foundation including events, secure the annual contributed revenue budget and achieve other long-term organizational goals. The Foundation Coordinator will participate in education training programs in conjunction with the Biosciences Learning Center.
What you’ll do:
- Event Management: Oversee, administer and implement the annual events related to the Foundation.
- Public Relations & Marketing: Oversee execution of recognition and benefits related to Foundation commitments including activation, agreements, signage, online and offline communication channels, and collateral materials. Oversee, administer, and coordinate all public relations activities surrounding the Foundations in partnership with Marketing and Communications Unit of LifeNet
- Foundation Development: Coordinate major gifts and student program that includes prospect research and cultivation. Design and manage a comprehensive development infrastructure that supports and increases the base of donors and subscribers. Facilitates Foundation awareness by participating in training activities in conjunction with the BLC. Develops event planning, internal and external fundraising, and internal and external grant request SOP's.
- Financial Budgeting: Oversee the use of the annual budget and general funds of the LifeNet Health Foundation.
- Volunteer Initiatives: Develops and manages LifeNet Health Volunteer Datanbase. Coordinatie volunteer activites at external Foundation events.
What you’ll bring (Minimum Requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Life Sciences, Public Health, or Social Services required.
- Two (2) years experience in program development, fundraising and non-profit experience required.
- Valid Driver’s License
These would be nice too (Knowledge Skills and Abilities):
- Organizational Skills: Ability to plan, implement and monitor assignments effectively to meet the needs of the business.
- Time Management: Demonstrates the ability to work independently and take initiative to research and resolve questions/issues/concerns in a fast-paced, ever changing environment. Demonstrates the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and a willingness to take on new responsibilities. Must be detail oriented, accurate, and highly organized.
- Communication skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate and build relationship with all professional at difference levels within the organization.
- Proficient in MS Office: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, Microsoft Suite
- Attention to detail: Able to perform tasks thoroughly and with care; checks work to ensure high degree of accuracy/completeness and early/on-time delivery.
- Relationship Management: Builds and sustains partnership across organizational boundaries and functions as well as outside the organization to achieve common goals and outcomes.
Why work at LifeNet Health?
We have a fierce drive for our mission of Saving Lives, Restoring Health, and Giving Hope. You won’t find another company with a culture as strong as ours.
- 403(b) and Pension Plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Corporate sponsored events
- Work-life balance with generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Personal career and skill development opportunities
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Dedicated and passionate co-workers
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. #LI-SS1