Occupational Therapist – Lifemark Health Group (Independent Medical Assessments)
Northern Ontario (Contract Position)
This occupational therapy role primarily involves insurers examinations in claimant’s homes.
Access to a vehicle is required for this position.
Over the past 26 years we have become the industry leader in Canada, raising the bar with service standard excellence and delivering superior, evidence-based, defensible independent assessments. Our clients cross a diverse range of sectors, including life and health insurers, property and casualty insurers, the legal community, employers and government organizations
Our brand represents the integration of many premier companies within the industry: Centric Health Medical Assessments, Lifemark Assessments, Work Able, Health Impact, IGMS, RJL Assessments and Viewpoint Medical Assessment Services. With over 300 locations across the country, we are Canada’s largest provider of independent assessment services.
Responsibilities primarily include:
- Interdisciplinary assessments to address benefit entitlement
- Home assessments including Attendant Care Assessments
- Physical Demands Analyses
- Cognitive Abilities Evaluations
- Ergonomic assessments
- Addenda and Paper Reviews
- Minimum 5+ years' experience as a fully Registered Occupational Therapist working within the Ontario auto sector
- Strong familiarity with independent medical examination (IME) process and current knowledge of auto insurance legislation and regulations
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Registration in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Experience working with a paediatric population would be an asset
- Knowledge and proficiency working in long term disability and WSIB would be an asset.
- Possess excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Possess superior time management and organizational skills
- Possess superior written communication skills
- Hold a valid Ontario driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle
Apply today! Visit www.lifemark.ca for more information about us!