Occupational Therapist - ADP Authorizer - Seniors Wellness
Lifemark Seniors Wellness is one of the largest rehabilitation focused companies dedicated to providing therapy solutions for seniors. With over 30 years of experience, we are a preferred partner of more than 185 LTC homes, 55 retirement communities and provide over 180 senior dwellings with physiotherapy, occupational therapy and therapeutic group exercise programming. As Canada's largest physiotherapy company, our purpose is: Movement to a better life. For our staff, the Lifemark difference is based on 4 pillars: We foster innovative thinking; assist with career development; we support personal health and wellness; and devoted to making a real impact in the communities that we live and work in.
Our Occupational Therapist for Seniors Wellness is responsible for a wide range of activities.
Start date: Immediately
Status: Permanent, Part-time
Schedule: 2 hours a week
Mandatory requirement: Valid Vulnerable Sector screening check and Proof of Tuberculin (2-Step Mantoux Test) clearance (within 6 months)
We have gone above and beyond to ensure the safety of our patients and employees with PPE provided, the spacing of patients, screening, and more. Extensive safety protocols and procedures have been put into place and are mandatory.
In this role you will:
- Perform clinical evaluations, including admission assessments, ADL assessments, specialized seating and positioning assessments
- Identification of appropriate equipment needs with initiation of recommendations
- Consult with local vendors regarding equipment trials and complete applications/funding letters to Ministry of Health, insurance agencies and other funding parties
- Provide informal education on seating and positioning, independence with activities of daily living, wheelchairs and adaptive aides as well as providing ongoing education to clients and family to improve function, independence and safety
- Provide ongoing evaluation of restraint use, wound prevention, falls and injury prevention.
- Record assessment and treatment interventions in the client's chart as per guidelines established by the College of Occupational Therapists
- Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Registration with the provincial association of Occupational Therapists
- Minimum 3 years experience as a fully Registered Occupational Therapist is preferred
- ADP Authorization is a nice to have
- Experience in Long Term Care preferred
Apply today! To learn more please visit us at https://www.lifemarkseniorswellness.ca