Registered Clinical Psychologist
Location: Ottawa, ON
Start date: Immediately
Status: Permanent Full time. Contractors will be considered.
This full-time position includes health & dental benefits, a competitive guaranteed annual salary, and a continuing education allowance for professional development. We are looking for a psychologist that will work primarily with our interdisciplinary team to facilitate return to work activities for clients with complex injuries in Ontario. Experience with PTSD, adjustment and acute stress disorders, depression, anxiety, and bullying and harassment is required. Post-graduate education/experience in Prolonged Exposure Therapy, EMDR, and Dialectical Behavior Therapy is an asset. You may be required to work with clients where the majority of injuries are musculo-skeletal, with identified psychosocial concerns that may limit a successful return to work. You are an assertive, compassionate yet objective team player, who is solution focused. This position will work alongside other health care professionals to rehabilitate individuals who have sustained complex work-related injuries.
This is an opportunity to be a member of an exciting, truly interdisciplinary network!
In coordination with the treatment team you will be responsible for the following:
- Primarily focused on providing education and intervention for clients with workplace illness/injuries, motor vehicle accident clients, or other extended health claims
- Utilizing a primarily CBT approach incorporating a variety of tools and interventions, based on an overall client-centered philosophy.
- Providing timely comprehensive reporting and communicating findings to the interdisciplinary treatment team as well as referral sources.
- Psychological case management input and direction to interdisciplinary team members in regards to client progress, psychosocial barriers, conflict resolution and discharge planning. The Psychologist may be required to provide supervision and work alongside a group of psychotherapists
- Registered Psychologist, in good standing with the College of Psychologists of Ontario.
- Experience in the field of health psychology and familiarity with the biopsychosocial model of health
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively adapt to changing schedules and priorities
- The understanding of WSIB, insurance, and workplace health
- Specific experience in the assessment and treatment of occupational rehabilitation claims
Apply today! Visit www.lifemark.ca for more information