Vocational Evaluator - Vancouver
Availability for Part-time, Full time, or Contract
We are seeking a Vocational Evaluator to be an essential team member in their local area, with a willingness to travel, as needed. In this role, you will make a difference in the lives of Canadians our clients through assisting unemployed individuals in assessing client’s transferable skills, employment barriers and identifying suitable employment positions. You will assist in providing employment preparation services to clients. Additionally, you will use your knowledge of the labour market to assist clients in returning to the workforce, identifying prospective employers and assist in meeting their hiring needs and matching available clients with employers who have hiring opportunities.
We are seeking someone that has strong analytical capabilities to communicate and assess clients and their needs. This individual will be responsible for sharing complex issues, and will need to thrive in the facilitation of conflict resolution. This person should be able to draw on their experience with disabling conditions and therapies such as work conditioning, psychometric testing, vocational evaluation, and transferable skills assessment.
- Assessing the vocational potential of clients through in-depth personal interviews, and completing the evaluation of work experience, educational background, and medical conditions.
- Supporting clients by assisting to coordinate services for the individual’s rehabilitation + return to work plan; may include interviews with physicians or other multidisciplinary health professionals.
- Identifying and matching transferable skills to current labour trends, plus conducting labour market surveys.
- Preparing complete reports with rehabilitation plans included that adhere to defined timelines that provide expert advice for the client, and all stakeholders involved (internal and external).
- Extensive research and report writing are essential; knowledge and experience with the NOC Handbook considered highly advantageous.
- Guiding clients to prepare for work including but not limited to resume writing, job search techniques/skills, interview preparation, and job placement assistance. A major component of this role is coaching clients to facilitate change for themselves through goal setting interventions.
- This position is mobile as needed.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in vocational rehabilitation.
- The designation of any of the following: Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Professional (CVRP), Canadian Certified Rehabilitation Counselors (CCRC), Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC), Certified Vocational Evaluator (CVE), or Registered Rehabilitation Professional (RRP), alongside membership with the Vocational Rehabilitation Association in Canada considered highly advantageous.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or other transferable post-secondary education. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Strong computer skills are required.
- Knowledge of procedures and resources for assessing transferable skills, completing labour market surveys, and community resources for providing vocational rehabilitation services.
- Previous experience in the completion of Transferrable Skills Analysis, Vocational Evaluations, Vocational Testing and/or Labour Market Survey is an asset.
Apply today! Please visit us at www.lifemarkhealthgroup.ca for additional details about the company.