Computer Trainer/ Facilitator – Grand Prairie (Full time, permanent position)
Lifemark Health Group is a national, Canadian company that began over 20 years ago and is currently in a period of significant expansion. Lifemark’s primary business line of rehabilitation services has over 3,000 employees and provides services in over 180 physiotherapy clinics across the country. In addition, Lifemark operates a Seniors Wellness division providing services to over 165 long-term care and retirement homes in Ontario and BC, as well as a homecare division operating under the Community Advantage Rehab brand. Lifemark is also a leading provider of Medical Assessments performing independent medical assessments across Canada under the Viewpoint brand.
Based in Grande Prairie, AB, the Computer Trainer/ Facilitator will be responsible for assisting and instructing adult clients with basic, intermediate and advanced computer skills. The trainer should be knowledgeable/proficient with computer hardware, Windows-based systems, Microsoft Office programs, Internet/Email usage, as well as experience with providing job search support and guidance with online learning platforms. A successful candidate will have experience and comfort with facilitating and instructing in a one on one or group-learning setting.
- Assisting and instructing adult clients with basic, intermediate and advanced computer skills
- Follow and adjust specific outlines for course expectations, adapting to the needs and pace of learning of the students
- Contribute to best practices and curriculum, as required
- Providing students with access to the appropriate materials and practice for success
- Guiding students and resolving any issues and/or difficulties that arise
- Completing reports and monitoring client progress
Skills and Experience:
- Eligibility to attain Microsoft Certified Trainer certification, an asset
- Fluent in English; proficiency in another language is an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Completion of University or technical training in a related field
- Sensitivity to learning limitations that may be present with clients
- Experience with facilitating or instructing individuals 1:1 or in groups
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office, Windows-based computers, as well as strong familiarity with general Internet/Email usage
- Knowledgeable with social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, as well as key job search sites including Glassdoor, Indeed, CareerBuilder for job searching and applications
- Ability to lesson plan for multiple levels of learning across various ages
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills
- An excellent understanding and appreciation of cultural diversity
Apply today! Please visit us at www.lifemarkhealthgroup.ca for additional details about the company.