Engineering Director - Ezra
Job Role: Engineering Manager
Location: London, UK
Who we are
Imagine what even the world’s finest organizations could achieve if all of their employees were coached to be their absolute best.
At Ezra, we’re on a mission to do just that. We believe through coaching, people get to know themselves. Their goals. Weaknesses. Hang-ups. And once they know all that, they can build on the good stuff and work on the rest.
This mindset applies not only to our clients, but is manifested in our own Ezra family. We believe we are changing people’s lives. We believe a happy team is a productive team. We want our people to care and be proud of what they do. We also practice what we preach – every member of our teams gets to experience the superpower that is coaching for themselves, amongst some other pretty incredible perks.
Ezra is the fastest growing global virtual coaching company, supporting some of the world’s leading companies. If all of this resonates, Ezra just might be the place for you.
Engineering Manager at Ezra will demonstrate competencies across four key dimensions:
- Understanding business goals and objectives: This involves having a deep understanding of business outcomes, capabilities, value streams and processes, and linking them to the portfolio of solutions (including products, services and other systems)
- Leading solutions design and analysis: This involves leading the creation of deliverables related to design and analysis of technology solutions to ensure that solutions meet business needs.
- Delivery Management: This involves providing the necessary leadership to tasks related to the development of an enterprise’s solutions architecture, such as governance, creating portfolio roadmap and monitoring current state with the ability to support different development approaches, such as waterfall and agile.
- Facilitating and collaborating to deliver business value: This involves working closely with, and providing support to, the product managers, product owners, technical support and the development teams and consultants throughout the product life cycle.
- You will collaborate with engineering professionals from throughout Ezra as well as consulting partners to develop solutions and tools for both external and internal stakeholders in order to assist align their product technology stacks with chosen technologies.
- As an Engineering Manager at Ezra, you will be in charge of people, engineering, and delivery. We will rely on you to ensure that engineers develop as they carry out our mission objectives.
- Create, lead, and serve an effective engineering team through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback, and hands-on career development.
- Collaborate closely with your engineers and external partners to ensure that technological solutions to business needs are delivered in a sustainable and timely manner.
- Facilitate collaboration among engineers, product managers, and designers to create appropriate goals and develop solutions across our platform.
- Forecast and plan engineering capacity in accordance with engagement requirements.
- You enjoy and have a track record of developing and growing engineers; you thrive on building great people, not simply great products.
- You are enthusiastic about cooperation and collaboration, as well as coaching and mentoring software developers to produce high-quality software on time.
- You have prior expertise developing a strong engineering culture in an iterative, agile environment.
- You've led large-scale engineering projects and understand what it takes to produce while maintaining a healthy team
- Understands business drivers and capabilities (both future and current state) and establishes corresponding enterprise system designs and modification requirements to drive the organization's desired business objectives.
- Design or alter solution architectures to solve complex challenges, taking into account technology, people, process, culture, and intended outcomes.
- Create an architectural model with architectural modelling software and industry-standard architectural notation.
- Provide architecture oversight to members of the delivery team as they create, test, and deploy solution components.
- Collaborates closely with product owners and managers to build a strong architectural runway capable of supporting future business requirements throughout the product lifecycle.
- Recognizes emerging technological trends and disruptions, as well as the practical use of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Converts business and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint in order to meet corporate goals, and documents all solution architecture design and analysis work.
- Conducts in-depth analysis of the technology industry, competitors, and market developments to ascertain their possible impact on the organisation.
- Serves as a consultant on a wide range of technologies, platforms, and vendor solutions in order to achieve specific business results.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, system analysis, or a related field of study is required, or equivalent experience.
- At least five years of expertise in at least two IT solution development disciplines, such as technical or infrastructure architecture, application development, middleware, database management, or cloud development
- A minimum of two years of experience managing or coaching engineering teams is required.
- Exposure to a wide range of technologies, platforms, and processing environments
- A solid awareness of strategic and new and emerging technological trends, as well as the practical application of current, new, and emerging technologies to new and developing business and operating models, are required.
- Good understanding of product management, agile concepts, and development techniques, as well as the ability to help agile teams by offering advise and direction on opportunities, impact, and risks, while taking technical and architectural debt into account.
- Extensive experience developing architecture plans, strategies, and roadmaps.
- Experience delivering presentations to senior-level executives and technical audiences is required.
- Experience with Design and architecture patterns, High availability and fault tolerance practices
- Security Analysis and Performance
- Experience with fullstack and database design.
- Experience with .Net Core 2.2 and higher, EF Core 2.2 and higher is an asset. \
- Experience with Azure Webapps, Azure Functions, ServiceBus, Azure SQL DB, AppInsight, Redis, Multi-regional deployment etc.
- Experience with database warehouse, Hands-on experience with docker and DevOps skills is an asset.
What we offer
- Your own world class coach
- Regular team social events
- Flexible working
- Contribution to a wellbeing app (think meditation, fitness, sleep!)
- A weekly wellbeing hour and much more!
- Competitive benefit package
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to having a thriving, diverse team where everyone has a voice and feels able to be themselves. We believe that through valuing our uniqueness and respecting our differences, we can achieve more and that diversity adds to our culture. Attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we serve is essential to us.