VP Human Resources - Canada
VP HR – LHH Canada
The primary responsibilities of the VP Human Resources - LHH Canada are to provide expert Human Resources advice to our staff and managers about various aspects of Human Resources. In this role, you will focus on Talent Planning, Acquisition, Deployment and Development, while also providing experienced assistance with Employee Relations, Compensation, Benefits and Performance Management. The ideal candidate will be an innovative, collaborative, business-focused individual experienced in leading a global team in a matrix structure.
- You will report directly to Global Head of HR, LHH with a dotted line relationship to the President, LHH Canada.
- This role currently has 2 direct reports:
- HR Manager, Canada
- Corporate Receptionist/Facilities Advisor
- The preferred location is Toronto, Canada. Some travel may be required.
- Participate as a member of the LHH Canada senior leadership Team to:
- Ensure the organization strategy has necessary HR support and investment;
- Garner senior leader endorsement and support for HR initiatives;
- Provide expert HR advice and insight on people-related issues and;
- Support the ongoing evolution of the company culture.
- Harmonize and implement consistent HR policies and procedures in alignment with Group HR strategy.
- Oversee the implementation of global HR transformation initiatives at LHH.
- Oversee and report on all Initiatives that drive Employee Engagement using Peakon as the primary measurement and feedback mechanism
- Provide expertise and support to all LHH employee communication initiatives.
- Provide coaching and support to other LHH Canada leaders as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Human Resources.
- Minimum ten or more years of related Human Resources experience.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Ability to balance local business needs with those of the Global HR function
- Must have generalist or HR Business Partner experience and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Fluency in English is required
- Ability to speak other languages is an asset;
- The ideal candidate for this role will have the ability to:
- Quickly establish credibility and respect and build strong working relationships with senior leaders
- Recognize the value and responsibility of working in a team, actively supporting and developing team members, while being quick to identify and problem solve as needed;
- Act as a role model for the organization
The world of work is changing fast.
Profound changes at profound speed.
But whereas many see change as an existential threat,
a select few see it as an opportunity to make a difference.
An opportunity to deliver lifelong employability to a generation of talent in transition.
An opportunity to develop leaders, recognizing the capabilities needed for today,
while nurturing the expertise needed for the future.
And an opportunity to look beyond what’s right for a company, to what’s right for society as a whole.
And out of the few that see these opportunities, there are even fewer placed to actually deliver them.
At Lee Hecht Harrison, we have the scale, the expertise and the insight, not only to identify these opportunities, but to realize them.
Transforming workforces though career transition, talent development and strategic advisory.
Developing future skills, flexibility and foresight, delivered with a distinctly human heart.
We’re obsessively passionate, and quantifiably effective.
Making a difference to everyone we work with and for. And delivering it on a global scale.
Because opportunities aren’t there to be observed.
They’re there to be taken.
This is LHH.
This is Opportunity, delivered.
LHH is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans’ status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For additional information on our Diversity and Inclusion policy, please consult the following link: https://www.lhh.com/us/en/diversity-and-inclusion