The role of the Consultant is to work closely with Partners and clients to understand talent needs, set search strategy based on those needs, and execute the search strategy to deliver outstanding talent.
Consultants are assigned to multiple projects and work closely with different Partners in a variety of industries and functions to understand client needs and fulfill complex search mandates. The Consultant uses various resources to understand markets, conduct research and recruit. He/she is responsible for setting the search strategy, building the target list, calling prospects and sources, assessing and determining degree of fit and selling the opportunity. In addition, the Consultant may also be required participate in interviews, client meetings, conduct references, and manage candidates and/or clients throughout the search process.
The Consultant will work well in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment as a proactive team player while efficiently managing multiple projects, priorities, and internal and external client expectations.
- You will report directly to VP Search Delivery
- The preferred location is Toronto
- Meeting with Partners and clients to understand talent requirements.
- Setting search strategy and executing that strategy based on talent requirements.
- Conducting industry research to develop target lists which includes identifying companies of interest, mapping organizational structures and locating individuals of interest in large and small organizations nationally.
- Making effective use of various databases to retrieve and input information on potential candidates and organizations, and to manage information throughout the search process.
- Identifying potential candidates and sources via the telephone and various online and hard copy resources.
- Developing and executing a recruiting campaign for each search mandate including building a litmus test of what a successful candidate will look like and setting calling priority according to the search strategy.
- Conducting telephone screening calls, sourcing calls and telephone interviews of prospective candidates.
- Selling career opportunities to mid-level professionals who are passive candidates.
- Regularly updating Partners and or clients on search progress (requires the use of business acumen, judgment and persuasion to help the Partners determine which candidates to interview).
- Participating in or leading face-to-face interviewing with candidates, as required.
- Developing and presenting market research findings via reports, telephone updates or face-to-face meetings with clients and/or Partners.
- In conjunction with a Partner, attend and participate in search pick-up meeting, update and/or business development meetings, as required.
- Undergraduate degree; ideally in business or human resources
- Knowledge management, analytical and data evaluation skills
- Effectively prioritize multiple projects, priorities and expectations
- Proactive and inclusive team player
- Strong work ethic, ambitious and driven to excel
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency; will go the extra mile to get the job done
- Ability to learn quickly and work across many industries
- Openness to new tools and technologies
- Demonstrated tenacity and persistence
- Experience working on multiple projects at a time and managing multiple and changing priorities
- Aptitude and comfort with information technology. i.e., databases and internet
- Influence and Persuasion: influencing others to a desired outcome through building persuasive arguments based on logic and fact, coupled with the ability to anticipate and respond to the needs and concerns of others. Is able to identify and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders. Can demonstrate ways to meet the diverse needs of different interest groups.
- Results Oriented: makes a personal commitment to meeting or exceeding a standard of excellence, focusing attention to achieve effective outcomes, a bias for taking action, demonstrating a sense of urgency, showing initiative and consistently delivering against defined targets. Makes specific changes in own work methods or systems to improve performance beyond agreed standards (e.g., does something faster, at lower cost, more efficiently; improves quality, customer satisfaction, revenues, etc.). Manifests a sense of urgency as appropriate in various situations.
- Collaboration: understands group dynamics and is able to solicit varying points of view, ideas, and opinions from team members to help form specific decisions, plans, and build consensus. Genuinely values others' input and expertise, is willing to learn from others, and consider other groups'/departments' perspectives.
- Relationship Building: working to build or maintain ethical relationships or networks of contacts with people who are, or might someday be, useful in achieving work-related goals and establishing competitive advantage.
- Communication: able to interact effectively with other individuals and groups. It is the ability to accurately listen, understand and respond appropriately and effectively when interacting with individuals and groups. Solicits and provides constructive and honest feedback.
- Presents ideas simply and clearly.
- Minimum 3 years of recruitment or staffing industry experience or equivalent consulting experience in another professional services/consulting environment.
The world of work is changing fast.
Profound changes at profound speed.
But whereas many see change as an existential threat,
a select few see it as an opportunity to make a difference.
An opportunity to deliver lifelong employability to a generation of talent in transition.
An opportunity to develop leaders, recognizing the capabilities needed for today,
while nurturing the expertise needed for the future.
And an opportunity to look beyond what’s right for a company, to what’s right for society as a whole.
And out of the few that see these opportunities, there are even fewer placed to actually deliver them.
At Lee Hecht Harrison, we have the scale, the expertise and the insight, not only to identify these opportunities, but to realize them.
Transforming workforces though career transition, talent development and strategic advisory.
Developing future skills, flexibility and foresight, delivered with a distinctly human heart.
We’re obsessively passionate, and quantifiably effective.
Making a difference to everyone we work with and for. And delivering it on a global scale.
Because opportunities aren’t there to be observed.
They’re there to be taken.
This is LHH.
This is Opportunity, delivered.
LHH is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans’ status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For additional information on our Diversity and Inclusion policy, please consult the following link: https://www.lhh.com/us/en/diversity-and-inclusion