Learning and Organizational Development Strategist - Ezra
Job Role: Learning and Organizational Development Strategist
Location: Toronto, Canada
Who we are
Imagine what even the world’s finest organizations could achieve if all of their employees were coached to be their absolute best.
At Ezra, we’re on a mission to do just that. We believe through coaching, people get to know themselves. Their goals. Weaknesses. Hang-ups. And once they know all that, they can build on the good stuff and work on the rest.
This mindset applies not only to our clients, but is manifested in our own Ezra family. We believe we are changing people’s lives. We believe a happy team is a productive team. We want our people to care and be proud of what they do. We also practice what we preach – every member of our teams gets to experience the superpower that is coaching for themselves, amongst some other pretty incredible perks.
Ezra is the fastest growing global virtual coaching company, supporting some of the world’s leading companies. If all of this resonates, Ezra just might be the place for you.
The Impact Lab
The Lab is the beating heart of Ezra. We author the assessment frameworks, models, content and programmes that form the framework that Ezra runs on. We are experts in our field and operate as a small but potent centre of excellence within the company. Our mission is to understand, measure, communicate and improve the impact of coaching.
We know that coaching can make a difference and deliver meaningful behavioral change for participants and customers. We also believe that 1:1 and 1:many virtual coaching can be used where learning and development programmes have been traditionally positioned. Coaching has the huge advantage of being individually tailored, just in time and offering a much higher rate of return.
The Learning and Organizational Development Strategist will be responsible for speaking to clients and potential clients about how coaching can be used to solve various learning challenges across the development and talent space.
The role will include:
- Supporting the sales team: this includes working on approaches to potential clients, preparing presentations, attending sales meetings and presenting potential solutions
- Designing solutions: working with clients to put together solutions using the various components of Ezra’s capability (content, coaching, assessment)
- Consulting with clients: working with existing clients to develop new programs
- Liaising closely with other members of the Impact Lab, particularly the Insight team
What You’ll Do
- Work with the sales teams on upcoming pitches, presentations and RFPs
- Support clients as they onboard to Ezra with any technical program design including programme duration, types of coaching used (1:1, group, circles etc.)
- Help clients design their programme, selecting the right goals for the program and helping clients to frame those goals in their language where appropriate
- Working with our Content Lead to align content to programs as appropriate
- Consulting with our clients, looking to expand their use of coaching
Measures of Success
- Strong relationships with our sales teams, being pulled into all large client interactions at the early phase
- Becoming a recognised learning and development expert with Ezra
- Clients who feel supported in creating programs that meet their specific needs
- The use of standard Ezra components to deliver to client’s nuanced needs – i.e. not creating bespoke versions or new elements whenever possible
- Strong background (5+ years) in learning and development in large organisations
- A background in buying and sourcing learning and development interventions for large organisations
- International experience of learning and development, and an appreciation of the challenges that international brings when rolling out large scale learning initiatives (budget, language, consistency etc.)
- Comfort and facility talking with high profile clients across a range of industries
- Consultative in approach, willing to share experience, but also curious and keen to learn from others, including our clients
- Strong influencer, able to build relationships and drive change without direct line authority
- Strategic thinker with the ability to plan for and contribute to a roadmap of that spans years
- Curious about competitor systems and approaches to learning solutions, able to benchmark against the best
- Collaborative worker – critical for a role that sits at the very centre of the organisation
- Self starter – able to determine own work priorities in dialogue with line leader and others across the organisation
What we offer
- Your own world class coach
- Regular team social events
- Flexible working
- Contribution to a wellbeing app (think meditation, fitness, sleep!)
- A weekly wellbeing hour and much more!
- Competitive benefit package
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to having a thriving, diverse team where everyone has a voice and feels able to be themselves. We believe that through valuing our uniqueness and respecting our differences, we can achieve more and that diversity adds to our culture. Attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we serve is essential to us.