Legal Counsel, Ezra
Job Role: Legal Counsel
Start Date: April/ May 2021
Who we are
Imagine what even the world’s finest organizations could achieve if all of their employees were coached to be their absolute best.
At Ezra, we’re on a mission to do just that. We believe through coaching, people get to know themselves. Their goals. Weaknesses. Hang-ups. And once they know all that, they can build on the good stuff and work on the rest.
This mindset applies not only to our clients, but is manifested in our own Ezra family. We believe we are changing people’s lives. We believe a happy team is a productive team. We want our people to care and be proud of what they do. We also practice what we preach – every member of our teams gets to experience the superpower that is coaching for themselves, amongst some other pretty incredible perks.
Ezra is the fastest growing global virtual coaching company, supporting some of the world’s leading companies. If all of this resonates, Ezra just might be the place for you.
We are looking for an experienced legal counsel to act as dedicated point of contact for all Ezra legal needs and commercial contracting as Ezra rapidly expands its global operations. This is a new role and exciting opportunity to help build out Ezra’s legal function from the ground up. You will benefit from our parent company LHH”s legal infrastructure, working collaboratively with fellow legal counsel across the world to ensure Ezra’s legal needs are met.
The role will report into LHH’s SVP of General Counsel, with dotted line responsibility into Ezra’s CFO.
What You’ll Do
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of contracts, including, but not limited to, international sales, vendor, marketing, and independent contractor contracts
- Advise on legal aspects, risks, and potential negotiation points of complex international commercial contracts
- Develop Ezra’s contracting templates, processes and requirements
- Work closely with fellow legal counsel colleagues within US and other regions, and bring them in when appropriate and when a contract requires local jurisdiction expertise
- Coordinate the process of completing contracts in a timely manner
- Advise General Counsel and, where applicable, the executive team, on issues surrounding high profile international commercial contracts and other matters that may warrant special attention
- Provide input and recommendations regarding policies and procedures with the goal of reducing risk exposure and enhanced processing procedures to achieve business objectives
- Maintain a current and working knowledge of corporate and other business law and regulations, including international aspects
- Provide assistance and support for special projects and other duties as requested by the General Counsel
- Contribute to and help shape Ezra’s future legal structures and needs
- Law degree from an accredited law school; admission to practice law or certified as Authorized House Counsel in Florida
- At least 5-8 years of contracts drafting experience, preferably supporting a global organization, including experience in contract negotiation with complex global contracts
- Service industry experience is a plus, particularly staffing or other HR services
- Experience in complex international commercial contracts, particularly experience closing large contracts within aggressive timelines
- Experience with data privacy and information technology security issues is a plus
- Strong business focus and commercial understanding along with strong project management skills and a process development background
- Ability and experience to work in an international/multicultural environment
- Strong negotiation and networking skills
- Strong commitment and identification with business objectives
- Naturally proactive professional
- Confident and reliable
- High standard of personal and professional integrity, solid judgment and a flexible, but principled, problem-solving approach
- Ability to work well under pressure, and have ability to multi-task, complete projects on time and adjust to changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and with a team in completing projects
- Ability to develop creative solutions for ad-hoc projects
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strong application of Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook and Adobe Tools
What we offer
- Your own world class coach
- Regular team social events
- Flexible working
- Contribution to a wellbeing app (think meditation, fitness, sleep!)
- A weekly wellbeing hour and much more!
- Competitive benefit package
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to having a thriving, diverse team where everyone has a voice and feels able to be themselves. We believe that through valuing our uniqueness and respecting our differences, we can achieve more and that diversity adds to our culture. Attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we serve is essential to us.