Finance Business Partner (12-month maternity cover)
Australia/New Zealand Finance Business Partner
The primary responsibility of the ANZ Finance Business Partner is to:
- Oversee all finance, accounting, budgeting, forecasting and other reporting activities for the ANZ business and ensure accurate and timely submission of all financial reports
- Provide Finance Business Partner support to the ANZ Managing Director and other key leaders to identify insights and provide commercial advice
- Ensure compliance with Adecco Group Policies and Internal Controls and management of relevant risks
- Partner with APAC CFO on a number of regional initiatives such as a JV in China, integration of LHH India, regional pricing, and consolidation of regional reporting.
- APAC CFO (based in Australia)
- Strong dotted line to ANZ Managing Director
- Three accountants
- Acts as Local Controller for Australia/New Zealand
- Ensuring the timely and accurate preparation of LHH financial statements in accordance with US GAAP, Group Policies and Controls. This includes submission of the consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet; as well as timely and accurate production of statutory and internal financial reports; GM Reports, MFRPs, Tax Packages, etc
- Ensuring that appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained
- Ensure account reconciliations are prepared monthly and submitted to Group Finance
- Ensure compliance with Adecco Group Policies and reporting on. Ensure country self-testing is done annually and documented; Remediate process issues (if any) in order to ensure compliance with policies
- Work with auditors (internal and externals)
- Manage financial risk and ensure adequate provisions are recorded
- Ensure tax returns are filed timely / work closely with LHH Group and Adecco Group Tax
- Oversees the preparation of the global annual budgets and monthly forecasts and ensure accurate and timely information is provided
- Supports the ANZ MD and leadership team to help drive the business strategy, drive commercial decisions, identify insights and actions, and help identify process improvements across the organization
- Where required assist the sales team and MD on any major bid opportunities in terms of pricing for profitable business
- Proactive Expense management:
- Ensure expenses are managed in line with revenues and recommend action plan for any deviation from budget / targets;
- Prepare contingency plans for any slowdown of business
- Prepare variance analysis on a monthly basis and highlight key issues and unusual items and provide recommendation to remediate
- Prepare Operations Review documents / and other management presentations
- Lease Management: review of leases with focus on the long term
- Compensation and Bonus plan modelling / Partner with HR and Finance / Prepare monthly detailed schedules by person to support monthly accrual / Oversees commission calculation where applicable
- Contract Management: ensure compliance / roll out contract Matrix template / work closely with Global Finance and Legal
- Risk Management: Capture items for quarterly risk report, assess reserves required (if applicable) with adequate support for analysis, and implement required mitigating actions (audit risks, employee related risks, lawsuit, etc)
- Ongoing review of Vendor spend and opportunities for savings
- Manage Accounts Receivable and keep DSO days within target levels
- Participate in any special projects as assigned, inclusive of working on any potential merger & acquisitions
Education and languages
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field.
- CPA or CA (or equivalent) essential
- Languages: English required
- Minimum 10 years-experience in an accounting/finance field and in leading small teams
- Experience in new accounting / front-office system roll-out
- Technical US & Local GAAP knowledge. Must understand revenue recognition requirements
- Experience in both controllership and FP&A is desirable
- FP&A experience: Budgeting, Forecasting, variance analysis
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver timely, accurate financial detail
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to be a close business partner, but remain independent and challenge the business as required
- Ability to effectively influence others at various levels within the organisation
- Ability to develop, improve, and streamline processes to meet established goals and objectives
- Personal qualities of integrity, respect, resiliency and credibility
The world of work is changing fast.
Profound changes at profound speed.
But whereas many see change as an existential threat,
a select few see it as an opportunity to make a difference.
An opportunity to deliver lifelong employability to a generation of talent in transition.
An opportunity to develop leaders, recognizing the capabilities needed for today,
while nurturing the expertise needed for the future.
And an opportunity to look beyond what’s right for a company, to what’s right for society as a whole.
And out of the few that see these opportunities, there are even fewer placed to actually deliver them.
At Lee Hecht Harrison, we have the scale, the expertise and the insight, not only to identify these opportunities, but to realize them.
Transforming workforces though career transition, talent development and strategic advisory.
Developing future skills, flexibility and foresight, delivered with a distinctly human heart.
We’re obsessively passionate, and quantifiably effective.
Making a difference to everyone we work with and for. And delivering it on a global scale.
Because opportunities aren’t there to be observed.
They’re there to be taken.
This is LHH.
This is Opportunity, delivered.
LHH is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans’ status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For additional information on our Diversity and Inclusion policy, please consult the following link: https://www.lhh.com/us/en/diversity-and-inclusion