Manager, Operations - Recruitment Solutions (18 month contract)
The successful candidates for this role will be responsible for managing and growing the financials and operational processes across the Recruitment Solutions business.
The Manager, Operations will also provide administrative support for up to seven Partners and five Researchers in the Recruitment Solutions Search practice. This includes full responsibility for operational and administrative management of the recruitment process (scheduling, document preparation) as well as the invoicing and data management in support of searches.
The successful candidate will work well in a professional, fast-paced, environment as a proactive team player while efficiently managing multiple projects, priorities and internal and external client expectations
- You will report directly to Director, Search Operations
- The preferred location is Toronto
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls for Recruitment Solutions
- Ensure accuracy, effectiveness of processes, timely resolution of discrepancies, and proactive solutions in:
- Analysis of monthly financials
- Variance reporting
- Recruitment Solutions’ Commissions and Payout Requests, Revenue Report, Reclasses, Variable Staff Report, External Research Report, etc.
- Review monthly financials: review monthly results for accuracy and perform gap analysis comparing results with prior year, forecast and budget. Provide summary explanation of results to management and ensure all expenses and KPI’s are within acceptable ranges and formulate recommendations
- Work to assist development of the annual budget
- Working closely with the VP, Finance and Operations, the Director, Financial Operations and the SVP, Managing Director – Search Practices to manage and interpret the upward flow of reports for decision-making, which influences delivery and operations
- Responsible for coordinating all details surrounding meetings between candidates, Partners and clients, short and long list interviews. Arrange and participate in cross company meetings and conferences. (note from doc)
- Provide administrative support including word processing documents and letters (confirmation letters, RFP’s, Partner expense reports using Concur, candidate reimbursements and monthly invoice/billings using Orbit, preparing proposals, filing, answering phones, courier/mail correspondence and/or information packages, or ordering catering for meetings and other services)
- Is comfortable working in CRM, ATS and financial databases
- Administration of Recruitment Solutions’ LinkedIn
- Comfortable updating and maintaining Recruitment Solutions’ Intranet site as the website Content Owner
- Working in our system to code vendor invoices and approving them to be sent for payment to accounting
- Responsible for various operating practices/processes such as record keeping systems, administrative processes, data administration. Assesses the above and where applicable will contribute ideas, create new systems/procedures; revise established procedures; and make improvements
- Manages calendars and appointment bookings for the team
Builds Strong Relationships:
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and an adaptable and collaborative style; takes actions that respect the needs and contributions of others and works effectively in teams to accomplish organizational goals; embraces change and is open and flexible to new ideas and approaches
- Identifies and prioritizes high importance requests both internally and with clients; detail orientation with strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Seeks first-hand information from clients and uses professional judgment and personal knowledge of LHH Knightsbridge services to go beyond clients' expressed needs; maintains own and others’ attention to internal and external clients' needs; takes personal responsibility for continuously raising the standard of client service
- Exercises sound judgement and assumes responsibility for decisions, actions, consequences and results that have an impact on people and/or quality of service; can make decisions with a sense of urgency and in absence of supervision.
Client Service Excellence: Is comfortable and self-confident with professional clients; Maintains attention to internal and external clients’ needs; Takes personal responsibility for continuously raising the standard of customer service.
Communication & Interpersonal skills: Demonstrates superior written and verbal communication skills, composure and confidence; Comfortable during interactions with senior level clients and staff; Takes a positive and energetic approach and recognizes different stakeholder needs and expectations; Exchanges confidential information and applies discretion and sound judgment to maintain confidentiality.
Planning and Initiative: Organizes resources and thinks ahead on projects to anticipate future needs and/or potential challenges that may arise; Sees the ‘big picture’ and makes recommendations on creating and implementing new processes. Has the ability to prioritize and manage time in a busy environment.
Team Work & Cooperation: Demonstrates a positive attitude and an adaptable and collaborative style; Takes actions that respect the needs and contributions of others and works effectively in teams to accomplish organizational goals; Embraces change and is open and flexible to new ideas and approaches.
University Degree or equivalent blend of formal education and experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a professional services environment (recruitment, legal, consulting or other comparable industry)
- Strong technical abilities and the ability to learn new technology quickly and easily.
- Previous experience using candidate and contact databases is an asset
- Commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Strong comfort level in working both strategically and tactically to achieve necessary results
- Strong multi-tasking, hands on capability
- Experience working for multiple professionals with competing priorities.
- Self-confidence, self-starter, able to multi-task, ability to manage a significant workload
The world of work is changing fast.
Profound changes at profound speed.
But whereas many see change as an existential threat,
a select few see it as an opportunity to make a difference.
An opportunity to deliver lifelong employability to a generation of talent in transition.
An opportunity to develop leaders, recognizing the capabilities needed for today,
while nurturing the expertise needed for the future.
And an opportunity to look beyond what’s right for a company, to what’s right for society as a whole.
And out of the few that see these opportunities, there are even fewer placed to actually deliver them.
At Lee Hecht Harrison, we have the scale, the expertise and the insight, not only to identify these opportunities, but to realize them.
Transforming workforces though career transition, talent development and strategic advisory.
Developing future skills, flexibility and foresight, delivered with a distinctly human heart.
We’re obsessively passionate, and quantifiably effective.
Making a difference to everyone we work with and for. And delivering it on a global scale.
Because opportunities aren’t there to be observed.
They’re there to be taken.
This is LHH.
This is Opportunity, delivered.
LHH is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans’ status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For additional information on our Diversity and Inclusion policy, please consult the following link: https://www.lhh.com/us/en/diversity-and-inclusion