Technical Product Manager
Job Role: Technical Product Manager, Ezra
Location: Remote – Canada
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Ezra delivers the highest quality professional coaching to employees using industry leading app-based technology. We redesigned coaching for the digital age with world class technology enabling quality coaching sessions, seamless user journey and regular reporting like never before.
With 50+ years’ experience delivering world class coaching in 66 countries we’re best placed to drive the coaching revolution. We’re supporting many of the world's leading companies with targeted and highly customized coaching programs.
At Ezra we use innovative technology to achieve the greatest user experience, but the heart of the service is the quality and diversity of our 2000+ global coaching pool.
Now, everyone can be better with a coach.
To aid our rapid expansion and support our growing technology team, we are looking for an all-star Technical Product Manager to drive forward the research and development of Ezra’s core product. This individual will work on a dynamic, agile environment, liaising between peer Product Managers and our Engineering/Dev teams on product strategy and development. This individual will translate business needs into tangible direction for the product to continue to evolve and serve clients. This is a great opportunity for an individual to have a tremendous impact on a rapidly scaling business and product.
· Play a key role between externally facing Product Managers and stakeholders to align priorities and direction for Engineering and Development teams
· Ensure all tickets are fully defined and ready for engineering, knowing when to escalate as appropriate
· Manage product backlogs and maintaining roadmaps for initiatives that often span teams and have many dependencies
· Gather feedback on Ezra’s core product to help contribute to future improvements and/or iterations
· Be a repository of knowledge of how the product works, both on the back end as well as inside and outs of the user experience
· Provide informed feedback to team on demos, with a keen eye towards UX and incorporating client and stakeholder feedback
· Conduct post sprint validation testing and provide feedback to Engineering team as needed
· Review and monitor product and feature usage as well as performance and issues, relayed pertinent observations to key teams
· Understand how Ezra KPIs, business goals, dependencies and timelines relate to core product development and inform decisions based off of key measurements
· Experience (preferably 5 years +) working in a software development organization in a Product Manager role
· Unmatched attention to detail and agility to span between big picture and finite details
· Strong ability to think abstractly while translating to concrete action
· Experience developing a world class user experience is paramount as well as the ability to translate UX needs to backend development
· A strong understanding of reporting, data products, and experience presenting and reporting key business metrics
· Preferred experience with mobile application development.
· Experience managing complicated cross-team initiatives is preferred
· Strong understanding of agile software development processes and metrics
· Expertise working with analytics, performance, and/or reporting tools
· Familiarity in writing product specifications/tickets in Jira, or similar ticket-tracking tool
· Highly self-motivated, self-directed, professional and reliable
· Able to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
What’s in it for you?
· Get your own coach! All of our employees have access to a coach to help them develop and progress in their careers
· Competitive salary and bonus scheme
· Access to online discounts and perks
· Regular team ‘virtual’ socials
...and much more!
Ezra is an equal opportunity employer
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to having a thriving, diverse team where everyone has a voice and feels able to be themselves. We believe that through valuing our uniqueness and respecting our differences, we can achieve more and that diversity adds to our culture. Attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we serve is essential to us.