Senior Business Intelligence Engineer - Ezra
Job Role: Senior Business Intelligence Engineer, Ezra
Location: Remote – US, Canada
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Ezra delivers the highest quality professional coaching to employees using industry leading app-based technology. We redesigned coaching for the digital age with world class technology enabling quality coaching sessions, seamless user journey and regular reporting like never before.
With 50+ years’ experience delivering world class coaching in 66 countries we’re best placed to drive the coaching revolution. We’re supporting many of the world's leading companies with targeted and highly customised coaching programmes.
At Ezra we use innovative technology to achieve the greatest user experience, but the heart of the service is the quality and diversity of our 2000+ global coaching pool.
Now, everyone can be better with a coach.
To aid our rapid expansion and support our growing team, we are looking for a strong and enthusiastic Senior Business Intelligence Engineer with a focus on Microsoft business intelligence tools including Power BI and SQL Server. This individual will work on a dynamic, agile environment, leading and implementing our reporting technology strategy. We need someone to recommend a data architecture, build the processes to extract and transform data as needed and built the visualizations and reports to deliver insight to the business. This is a great opportunity for an individual to have a tremendous impact on a rapidly scaling business.
- Architect and design a data management strategy to support business intelligence needs.
- Implement and maintain data warehouses and ETL processes as needed, leverage Microsoft Azure technologies
- Create and maintain Power BI dashboards and reports for internal operational and analytics needs
- Create and maintain Azure SQL Server Views and complex SQL queries
- Work with business and technical project teams to design/develop interactive data visualizations, using Power BI, based on business needs
- Leverage the Azure and Microsoft Power platforms to combine disparate data sources in an appropriate reporting architecture
- Proactively identify opportunities to create new reports and visualizations and to leverage application data to improve efficiency of delivery and quality of Ezra’s core product
- Analyze data and observe trends to share insights with Ezra leadership team
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing data warehouse and business intelligence systems
- 2+ years of recent experience designing and developing data-driven views, reports, objects, hierarchies, filters, dashboards, metrics and visualizations on the Microsoft Power BI platform
- 4+ years of experience with MS/Azure SQL, BI and ETL technologies, including SSIS
- Strong knowledge of Power BI data querying and modeling capabilities, including DAX and PowerQuery.
- Experience gathering business requirements, translating the requirements into technical report requirements, defining functional specs for BI reporting, and collaborating with architects, developers and testers.
- Understanding of data privacy, security and confidentiality principals and best practices
- A bachelor’s degree in an IT-related field or equivalent amount of experience and/or training
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, professional and reliable
- Able to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
What’s in it for you?
- Get your own coach! All of our employees have access to a coach to help them develop and progress in their careers
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Access to online discounts and perks
- Regular team ‘virtual’ socials
...and much more!
Ezra is an equal opportunity employer
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to having a thriving, diverse team where everyone has a voice and feels able to be themselves. We believe that through valuing our uniqueness and respecting our differences, we can achieve more and that diversity adds to our culture. Attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we serve is essential to us.