Global Staff Accountant - Ezra
Job Role: Global Staff Accountant
Location: Toronto, Canada
Who we are
Imagine what even the world’s finest organizations could achieve if all of their employees were coached to be their absolute best.
At Ezra, we’re on a mission to do just that. We believe through coaching, people get to know themselves. Their goals. Weaknesses. Hang-ups. And once they know all that, they can build on the good stuff and work on the rest.
This mindset applies not only to our clients, but is manifested in our own Ezra family. We believe we are changing people’s lives. We believe a happy team is a productive team. We want our people to care and be proud of what they do. We also practice what we preach – every member of our teams gets to experience the superpower that is coaching for themselves, amongst some other pretty incredible perks.
Ezra is the fastest growing global virtual coaching company, supporting some of the world’s leading companies. If all of this resonates, Ezra just might be the place for you.
- Ezra is looking for an enthusiastic and highly organized Accounts Payable Manager to lead our accounts payable operations globally. This exciting role will be instrumental in supporting Ezra’s fast growing business by acting as a central AP point of contact to the Ezra business and local finance teams while ensuring proper vendor management processes are followed.
What you’ll do
- Work with various accounting teams to ensure costs are being booked correctly
- Assist with monthly reporting as needed for global accounting function
- Prepare monthly journal entries and recurring journal entries for global accounting teams
- Participate in monthly close meetings, analyze data and prepare month end reconciliations as assigned
- Analyze accounting data and explain variances in monthly reporting to forecast
- Assist with intercompany reconciliations and reporting
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting to management on as needed basis
- Assist with AP processes and communications to ensure smooth processing and a delivery of high quality AP service to internal and external stakeholders
- Must be strong in MS Excel, have good computer skills, knowledge of accounting systems, and operations
- Must be a team player with good communication skills and ability to work with all levels of management
- Detail oriented and accurate with strong organization skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Effective at operating in a fast-paced, high pressure, deadline driven environment
- International experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- CPA preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- ERP experience preferred
What we offer
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Your own world class coach
- Regular team social events
- Generous annual individual development budget
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to having a thriving, diverse team where everyone has a voice and feels able to be themselves. We believe that through valuing our uniqueness and respecting our differences, we can achieve more, and that diversity adds to our culture. Attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we serve is essential to us.