Director of Assessment - Ezra
Job Role: Assessment Director
Who we are
Ezra delivers the highest quality professional coaching to employees using industry leading app-based technology. We redesigned coaching for the digital age with world class technology enabling quality coaching sessions, seamless user journey and regular reporting like never before.
With 50+ years’ experience delivering world class coaching in 66 countries we’re best placed to drive the coaching revolution. In just over a year, we have grown to become the fastest growing virtual coaching solution globally, supporting many of the world's leading companies with high impact, 1:1 personalised coaching.
At Ezra we use innovative technology to achieve the greatest user experience, but the heart of the service is the quality and diversity of our 2000+ global coaching pool.
Now, everyone can be better with a coach.
We know that coaching can make a difference and deliver meaningful behavioral change for participants and customers. Measuring this impact is a challenge, but critical if we are to truly demonstrate the value of coaching.
The Director of Assessment will hold overall responsibility for Ezra’s Assessment methodology. They will be responsible for our Assessment strategy, the day to day organization, recruitment and development of our assessment team, briefing coaches, customer service teams and sales on all things assessment, as well as innovation around and the continuous improvement of our core assessment product – the Ezra Measure.
The Director of Assessment will be responsible for several core elements of the Ezra Product:
- The Ezra MeasureTM – our system for gathering data from individuals pre and post coaching
- Your Ezra Story – the individual reporting system
- The Ezra Customer Portal – the system through which clients access aggregate (not individual) data about cohorts and client level data.
There will be a significant emphasis on collaboration with technical product managers within the Tech team, who are responsible for the build out of the systems that deliver these elements – but in terms of design, functionality, validity, reliability, the words used, sequencing etc etc – this will all sit with the Director of Assessment.
The role will include:
- Leadership: recruiting, developing, motivating and managing a team of assessment specialists
- Owning and delivering on the day to day requirements of our assessment products, e.g. making changes to wordings in assessments, reviewing access rights and being the go-to person at Ezra for all questions assessment.
- Owning and driving an assessment strategy that is aligned to other aspects of our product development strategy, thinking out 1, 3, 5 years into the future and plotting a course that helps us to maximise today’s investment in assessment
- Innovating our assessment capability – looking for ways to bring novel and creative approaches to our assessment practice that not only improve what we do today, but that can disrupt the assessment market in the future.
- Delighting our participants with easy to read, intuitive and insightful reporting of their personal results
- Similarly deligting our clients with impactful and data rich visualisations in the Customer portal
- Working with sales and customer support teams to ensure everyone at Ezra who needs to, understands the assessment infrastructure, how to use it and how to interpret its outputs.
- Continuously improving our digital assessment capabilities:. This includes working closely with Ezra’s Tech & Product team to build and evolve best-in-class digital tools that are both easy to use and easy to analyse
- Implementation and cross-functional project management: work closely across tech, coaching and delivery functions to ensure measurement approach is seamlessly integrated into our delivery process
- Collaborating closely with the Insight Lead to ensure data collected is usable and fit for purpose within the context of research into, for example, the impact of coaching.
The Director of Assessment reports to the Director of the Impact Lab. The role of the Impact Lab is to maximize the impact of Ezra coaching by:
- building innovative components of the core product, and;
- working with clients to configure them to their needs
Whether that’s by providing carefully curated content, by providing world class assessment and diagnostics or insights and data to coachees and customers.
What You’ll Do
- Lead an assessment team that serve as Ezra’s go-to experts on the measurement of our coaching programmes
- Develop and improve assessment approaches across Ezra’s systems
- Build, develop, improve and maintain reporting templates for different populations (clients, coaches, coachees)
- Work with Ezra’s tech team to implement assessment on Ezra’s systems
- Work to continuously improve Ezra’s assessment methodology – considering behavioural and non-behavioural elements
Measures of Success
- Assessment outputs that are used and valued by individual Ezra participants, and by client organisations
- An assessment approach that is well understood across the Ezra team
- A set of assessment outputs that are embraced and utilised by the various different Ezra teams (Coach Ops, Client Services, Tech, Programme, Sales and Marketing) helping each team to improve their part of the Ezra system
- Automated assessment systems that do not require manual intervention
- Coach understanding and buy-in of assessment methodology and an understanding of how their approach/behaviour translates into outcomes
- Improved confidence across the Ezra team in the efficacy of our product
- Innovation around the space of assessment that makes Ezra hard to replicate
- Strong technical background in assessment methodology (Occupational Psychology qualification or equivalent)
- Significant experience with creating and reporting measurement insights, specifically related to human performance in a business environment
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills – must have both a curiosity and the skills to analyze and make meaning out of data and translate data into action
- 5+ years of professional experience in fast-paced work environments
- Experienced leader – comfortable managing the performance of others
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and make decisions with bias towards action
- Strong influencer, able to build relationships and drive change without direct line authority
- Strategic thinker with the ability to plan for and contribute to a roadmap of that spans years
- Curious about competitor systems and approaches to assessment, able to benchmark against the best
- Collaborative worker – critical for a role that sits at the very centre of the organisation
- Self starter – able to determine own work priorities in dialogue with line leader and others across the organisation
What we offer• Holiday: 25 days
• Salary: Depending on Experience
• Your own world class coach
• Regular team social events
• Flexible working, a weekly wellbeing hour and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to having a thriving, diverse team where everyone has a voice and feels able to be themselves. We believe that through valuing our uniqueness and respecting our differences, we can achieve more and that diversity adds to our culture. Attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we serve is essential to us.