Marketing Automation Director, Talent Solutions
Marketing Automation Director, Talent Solutions
The Marketing Automation Director will drive operational efficiencies and grow the bottom line by combining strategy, creativity, and technical skills to build a brand and increase the quality and quantity of leads. Marketing automation helps LHH nurture relationships over the long term by staying in front of our leads/customers so that when they’re ready to buy, they think of us first.
This role will enable the blocking and tackling of Marketing Automation, lead generation, and nurturing processes and programs via process documentation, effectiveness audits, and related reporting.
Additionally, this individual will lead the transformation and continual optimization of the people, processes, and technologies to achieve our defined business goals via maturity assessments, crafting a future state, and roadmaps to incrementally make that state a reality.
Consequently, this role will be a collaborator with heavy influence from and involve with IT, sales, and marketing. This role will drive standardization in the execution of marketing automation tactics, work with IT to enable/test integrations across our MarTech stack, and engage with sales leadership to continually fine-tune the balance of lead quality/quantity.
The Team: This role will report to the Head of Digital and commerce.
What You’ll Do:
The Marketing Automation Director must be able to envision how a workflow could help a business, automated or manual. They must have clear insight to be able to see a goal and then use people, processes, and/or technology to help achieve it faster and more efficiently than ever before. They must develop and implement global strategies to increase leads, improve campaigns, and build databases. These strategies must be innovative enough to set your company apart from everyone else in your market sector.
- Responsible for customer data quality including accuracy, relevance, completeness of data across the organization.
- Develop and manage multichannel communication programs and identify added value communication strategies.
- Plan and manage contact strategies to support cross-lifecycle audience engagement, lead nurturing, conversion, retention, cross-sell, up-sell, or reduce churn rates.
- Manage communication of best practices and assessment of compliance to the field
- Evaluate, monitor, and produce reports including KPIs for CRM (and email marketing) strategies.
- Communicate system changes to users and provide training.
The marketing Automation Director will figure out what tools to use to nurture potential leads. They will collaborate closely with marketers, developers, designers, and copywriters to help determine how to optimize a campaign. Analyzing engagement reports to identify a potential leak in the funnel and patch it via an eye-catching message, further optimizing a journey with a critical piece of content/collateral. Leading a program that can send tailored messaging via automated nurture campaigns to turn prospects into qualified leads is the name of the game.
- Improve ROI and customer lifetime value across all campaigns.
- Take ownership for CRM and contact strategies, including personalized communications using email marketing [and, where relevant, text-based and site-based messaging].
- Formulate campaign briefs based on learned knowledge of customer triggers, interests, and behavioral patterns.
- Plan data selection, segmentation and prepare campaign lists. Ensure the systems can support the data selection required.
- Drive customer insight through the business and manage consumer research programs.
- Management of external agencies, including CRM suppliers and consultants
The Marketing Automation Director will leverage both design and IT resources as necessary to accomplish these objectives. The mindset of a conversion rate optimization subject matter expert will empower this individual to diagnose, troubleshoot, and remediate issues and improvement opportunities even those technical in nature.
- Liaise closely with other departments and engage stakeholders to ensure the CRM strategy and tools are fully embedded across all integrated campaigns, and ensure ROI is demonstrated.
- Embed CRM across the brand to improve loyalty and assess opportunities to increase sales.
- Responsible for all technical aspects of the CRM and email system, to ensure optimization, delivery, and service.
- Systems and processes documentation, design and customization, the configuration of CRM Systems.
- Proactive and results orientated.
- Analytical mind.
- Manage lead and motivate a team.
- Passion for digital techniques and technologies.
- Comfortable with stakeholder engagement, working across departments to manage expectations and prioritize work.
- Experience in implementing customer engagement programs and activities.
- Passionate about customer-centric communications.
- Confident and good at all aspects of communication.
- Organized, practical, and influential.
- A professional and competent consumer-focused marketing expert.
- Ability to work to tight deadline dates, and support staff at all levels and from other teams.
- Ability to combine technical understanding with creative skills.
- A problem-solving mindset
- Excellent project management skills.
- Marketing, Business or other post-secondary degree educated; MBA or MS preferred
- 5+ years of experience in CRM or for the analytical roles, more specific around systems expertise.
- 7+ years of Salesforce (Pardot) experience or relevant marketing automation technology
- General experience in marketing programs CRM (salesforce), automation, social media, content marketing, PPC, Display.
- Experience of using Web Analytics packages.
- Experience of database mining, list segmentation and contact targeting.
- Familiarity and/or ability to manage a resource delivering HTML based pages.
- Analytical skills, with the ability to interpret and manipulate data and drive actionable data/insight into campaigns, working with large databases for data segmentation and data mining.
- Experience of gathering campaign/reporting requirements from users.
- Track record of delivery of campaigns, in particular communication and complex campaigns.
- Experience of working in a Direct Marketing, multi-channel or analytical environment.
- Track record of delivering multi-audience CRM strategies in a B2C and/B2B environment. Some ask for specific sectors.