VP, Business Development - Enterprise Sales
The Business Developer’s primary responsibility is to meet or exceed defined annual sales target goals while profitably building revenues within the assigned Career Transition & Mobility (CT&M) sales territory. This will occur through a concentration on both new business development along with expanding existing client relationships. In this role, your responsibilities will also include prospecting for new clients, developing and expanding relationships with existing clients, creating proposals, delivering presentations, presenting annual and or quarterly business reviews, renewing existing contracts and negotiating new contracts. The Business Developer will provide outstanding service to LHH clients as a thought partner to key stakeholders with a consultative sales style.
- Reports directly to the Head of Sales, Canada (Sales Segmentation Leader).
- Collaborates regularly in team selling with LHH colleagues, Account Managers, Sales Development Representatives and Client Partners, along with North America Adecco Group Sales and Customer Success Teams, as needed.
- None - this is an Individual Contributor role.
- Responsible for achieving or exceeding the territory revenue goals within the assigned territory.
- Demonstrate expertise in LHH CT&M solutions and have a solid understanding of other LHH solutions.
- Manage multiple sales opportunities and relationships across various leadership levels and key HR stakeholders within client organizations.
- Master an ability to collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across LHH divisions and with other LHH sales teams.
- Analyze local market opportunity and LHH market share including competitive data and market trends.
- Provide regular updates to Sales Segment Leader regarding sales activities would include client visits, first-in new business meetings, current-client updates, client expansion proposals, win/loss record with details, shopper rates, conversion and engagement rates, pipeline reports and progress toward quarterly and annual revenue and profitability targets.
- Consistently reach key milestones in the sales process utilizing Salesforce.
- Manage a seamless transition from sales to delivery, leveraging Customer Success, Delivery & Operations, and other team members.
- Create proposals, deliver client-facing presentations, lead RFP responses and follow national and global pricing guidelines.
- Negotiate contract terms with clients and communicate terms to stakeholders.
- Ensure that appropriate and timely follow-up occurs with marketing activities.
- Complete regular administrative tasks in a timely manner (i.e., expense reports).
- Serve on internal task forces and committees as needed.
- Passion for our business and mission of making a difference.
- Tenacious work ethic and ability to meet and exceed sales goals with a proven track record.
- Proven experience of building, developing, and retaining customer relationships.
- Be a self-starter, team player, fast learner, detail oriented, and conscientious with a drive to “win”. Should be someone who enjoys prospecting and cold calling.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with the ability to work independently and remotely.
- Embraces a consultative selling approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, listening and negotiation skills.
- Innovation and problem-solving skills which include the ability to propose solutions for clients.
- Collaborative approach with proven relationship building skills to drive results through influencing both internally and externally.
- Increase local awareness of LHH through active participation within the community and industry related organizations.
- Promotion of LHH solutions, thought leadership and brand attributes through various social media platforms such as LinkedIn.
- Ability to share best practices, continually improve processes and messaging, and provide clear and consistent reporting to leadership.
- Continually seeks professional development opportunities and self-improvement activities.
- Model LHH values and drive a culture of ‘One LHH’ team.
- An undergraduate degree required.
- Minimum 5+ years of successful business development/sales experience, presenting to large corporate clients - national or regional accounts.
- Proven track record in a professional business to business (B2B) sales environment. Preferred – a successful track record selling to HR Executives (Outplacement Services, HR Consulting Services, Talent Management Software, Staffing/Recruiting, HRIS, Job Board, RPO).
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer skills which includes a general understanding of technological sales support techniques (e.g., virtual platforms, presentation software)
- Demonstrated experience using Salesforce or similar CRMs.
The world of work is changing fast. Profound changes at profound speed.
But whereas many see change as an existential threat, a select few see it as an opportunity to make a difference. An opportunity to deliver lifelong employability to a generation of talent in transition. An opportunity to develop leaders, recognizing the capabilities needed for today, while nurturing the expertise needed for the future. And an opportunity to look beyond what’s right for a company, to what’s right for society as a whole.
And out of the few that see these opportunities, there are even fewer placed to actually deliver them.
At Lee Hecht Harrison, we have the scale, the expertise, and the insight, not only to identify these opportunities, but to realize them.
Transforming workforces though Reveal, Reach, Renew and Refresh. Developing future skills, flexibility, and foresight, delivered with a distinctly human heart.
We’re obsessively passionate and quantifiably effective. Making a difference to everyone we work with and for. And delivering it on a global scale.
Because opportunities aren’t there to be observed. They’re there to be taken.
This is LHH.
This is Opportunity, delivered.