Finance Director LHH HK & AGG Asia Cluster (CT&M, L&D AND PR&S)
The primary responsibility of the Finance Director is to:
- Oversee all finance, accounting, budgeting, forecast and other reporting activities in the LHH Accelerated Growth Geographies Asia Market & LHH HK CT&M and L&D and ensure accurate and timely submission of all financial reports.
- Ensure compliance with both LHH and Adecco Group Policies and management of relevant risks
- Be a trusted Finance Business Partner with Business Leaders, Cluster Leaders, and other Functions Leaders on strategic issues and assist in preparation of management presentations and other key strategic activities
- Partner with the LHH CFO Accelerated Growth Geographies on strategic issues and assist in preparation of management presentations and other key strategic activities.
- Reports directly to the CFO Accelerated Growth Geographies and dotted line to Cluster Leader LHH Asia
- Frequent interactions with the LHH Global Corporate Finance Team (located in Florida, USA- the Global Zone FP&A Team & Global Controller), as well as frequent interaction with the Asia Cluster Leaders and Business Leaders.
- Will have 3 direct reports
- Role will also interact with other Asia/APAC Finance teams particularly for Recruitment Solutions
Location of Position:
This position is based in Hong Kong.
Financial – Accounting & Compliance
- Oversees Finance function and finance team within LHH AGG - Asia and the Hong Kong Market
- Co-ordinates LHH management reporting requirements LHH AGG - Asia teams. This will involve consolidating management reports across CT&M, L&D, and PR&S across Asia to provide Asia cluster leader with combined financial reports to track ongoing performance.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate preparation of LHH financial statements in accordance with US GAAP, Group Policies and Controls; This includes submission of the consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet; as well as timely and accurate production of statutory and internal financial reports; GM Reports, MFRPs, Tax Packages, etc.
- Ensuring that appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained
- Ensure account reconciliations are prepared monthly by each country and submitted to LHH Corporate
- Review of monthly Executive Report (GM Report + MFRP report) and supervise preparation and review by countries for accuracy, including all supporting schedules
- Ensure compliance with Adecco Group Policies and report progress 2x per year to CFO / AGP tool / Ensure country self-testing is done annually and documented; Remediate process issues (if any) to ensure compliance with policies
- Work with auditors (internal and external)
- Manage financial risk and ensure adequate provisions are recorded
- Ensure tax returns are filed timely
Financial planning & analysis
- Prepares the annual budgets and monthly forecasts and ensures accurate and timely information is provided
- Supports the Cluster and Business Leaders to help drive the business strategy, drive commercial decisions, identify insights and actions, and help identify process improvements across the organization
- Proactive Expense management:
Ensure expenses are managed in line with revenues and recommend action plan for any deviation from budget / targets.
Prepare contingency plans for any slowdown of business.
- Prepares variance analysis monthly and highlight key issues and unusual items and provide recommendation to remediate
- Monitor and tracks KPIs monthly for each line of business/ explain variance and provide recommendation to remediate deviation from target
- Prepare competitor and market share analysis as needed
- Prepare Ops Review documents and other management presentations
- Lease Management: review of leases with focus on the long term, setting up space appropriately for downturn (start 18 months prior to lease expiration date) and reducing expenses whenever possible; Prepare assessment of possible option; complete RETA form and all required analysis of space needs (Programming guide)
- Compensation and Bonus plan modelling / Partner with HR and Finance / Prepare monthly detailed schedules by person to support monthly accrual / Oversees commission calculation where applicable
- Employees/Contractor risk management and documentation: ensure proper classification / documentation and compliance with local and tax laws for associates and contractors; perform quarterly risk assessment and document results in “matrix” tool.
- Contract Management: ensure compliance / roll out contract Matrix template / work closely with Global Finance and Legal
- Risk Management: Capture items for quarterly risk report, assess reserves required (if applicable) with adequate support for analysis, and implement required mitigating actions (audit risks, employee related risks, lawsuit, etc.)
- Ongoing review of Vendor spend and opportunities for savings
- Participate in any special projects as assigned, inclusive of working on any potential merger & acquisitions
- Manage Accounts Receivable and keep DSO days within target levels
Lead and Support LHH Accelerated Growth Geographies Asia Finance team
- Provide strong leadership to finance team members across the Asia region as well within the AGG team
- Define clear priorities; hold team accountable, review their work, ensure respect of deadlines, and provide feedback
- Travel from time to time to offices to review and support their work on site
- Improve Peakon engagement scores and implement actions defined in plan
- Work with staff on their development areas to help each one of them grow
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver timely, accurate financial detail
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to be a close finance business partner, but remain independent and challenge the business as required
- Ability to effectively influence others at various levels within the organization
- Ability to develop, improve, and streamline processes to meet established goals and objectives
- Hands on approach
- High personal energy, coupled with a genuine enthusiasm for achieving operational excellence
- Maintain composure under stress
- Deadline and action oriented
- Technical US & Local GAAP knowledge and understanding of key differences between the two; Must understand revenue recognition requirements.
- M&A experience: targets evaluation and recommendation, including business case, preparation of the valuation model/ DCF, experience in conducting Due Diligence and post-deal integration.
- Experience in new accounting / front-office system roll-out
- Audit experience (internal or external)
- Modelling experience (compensation plans, business case, etc.)
- FP&A experience: Budgeting, Forecasting, variance analysis, including competitor and market analysis
- Real Estate: experience in managing real estate portfolio and making recommendation for alternate solutions while staying on top of leases expiration dates
- Background of process improvement / operations inside a sales-focused organization
- Ability to navigate complex mid-office applications
- Computer literate with good excel skills and solid understanding of accounting software principles:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel for Windows.
- Advanced PowerPoint
- Intermediate Microsoft Word for Windows
- JD Edwards / E1 a plus
Education and languages
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field.
- Qualified accountant or CPA or similar accounting credential.
- Languages: English required
- Minimum 10 to 15 years’ experience in accounting/finance field and in leading teams, with most recent role being in a Finance Director or equivalent position
- Experience in both Controllership and FP&A is desirable
- FP&A experience: Budgeting, Forecasting, variance analysis
- Understanding of Career Transition Industry and/or HR Advisory business model a plus
- Minimal - but ability to travel within Asia, and globally, as required.
The world of work is ever-changing and unpredictable. Organizations are constantly fighting a battle to find and maintain their competitive advantage: their talent. To succeed, they can’t just rely on what works today, working tomorrow. They need to be ready for next.
LHH exists to help individuals, teams, and organizations find and prepare for what’s next. With integrated, end-to-end solutions that include Advisory, Professional Recruitment, Career Transition, and Learning & Talent Development, we are uniquely positioned to work together to make a positive impact on the future of every person we work with at every key career moment.
LHH is at the forefront of change to build a bigger, bolder workforce. Every day is a new day to prepare for, and we’re here to make sure the future works for everyone.
A division of the Adecco Group – the world’s leading HR solutions provider – LHH’s 8,000 colleagues and coaches work with 15,000 organizations in over 60 countries around the world. We successfully help close to 500,000 candidates to enhance their careers every year. Our local expertise, global infrastructure, and industry-leading technology allow us to manage the complexity of critical workforce initiatives and the challenges of transformation. It’s why most of the Fortune Global 500 companies choose to work with us.
This is LHH.
Ready for Next.
LHH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.