Product Manager - Ezra
Job Role: Product Manager
Location: Toronto, Canada
Who we are
Imagine what even the world’s finest organizations could achieve if all of their employees were coached to be their absolute best.
At Ezra, we’re on a mission to do just that. We believe, through coaching, people get to know themselves. Their goals weaknesses. Hang-ups And once they know all that, they can build on the good stuff and work on the rest.
This mindset applies not only to our clients, but is manifested in our own Ezra family. We believe we are changing people’s lives. We believe a happy team is a productive team. We want our people to care and be proud of what they do. We also practice what we preach – every member of our teams gets to experience the superpower that is coaching for themselves, amongst some other pretty incredible perks.
Ezra is the fastest-growing global virtual coaching company, supporting some of the world’s leading companies. If all of this resonates, Ezra just might be the place for you.
In Ezra, product managers determine and oversee the delivery of the strategy and roadmap for their products to achieve business outcomes and financial objectives. Their responsibilities include coordinating with technology, business, and financial stakeholders to set priorities; managing new development and operations; and providing direction and oversight to product teams.
Product Managers are part of the Product Management function. which includes product management, product strategy, product design, and product operations.
What you'll do:
- Develop a deep understanding of business goals and processes to inform product priorities and improvement recommendations.
- To shape the product strategy and surface and prioritize needs, develop strong relationships and regularly communicate with product stakeholders and customers to shape the product strategy.
- Lead product strategy, planning, and life cycle management efforts.
- Perform (internal or external) customer research by means of including surveys, product analytics, market research, interviews, hackathons, online forums, or other cost-effective means of gaining insight into the "voice of the customer." Use this insight to define the customer segments the product will target, to understand those customers' goals, and how they will gain value from product capabilities.
- Facilitate and drive alignment among key stakeholders by providing customer and market research and analytics, which will lead to a product strategy, vision, and roadmap. This will assist the company in achieving its goals and objectives, which will be based on a shared understanding of product priorities. From early prototypes to minimal viable products (MVP) to first and subsequent releases, choosing a release plan is an important part of determining the roadmap. As with any agile delivery method, this is susceptible to regular change. Monitor business, market, and technology trends to inform product strategy and proactively propose new solutions.
- Establish product roadmaps and release plans that satisfy requirements and achieve business outcomes.
- Contribute to translating business requirements into actionable product and technical requirements.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate products' performance and proactively champion product improvements. Determine internal and contract/external resources and skills required for the product team to deliver on the product roadmap.
- Guide the product engineering team to scope, plan, and deliver work, applying established delivery methodologies (e.g., agile methods) and best practices (e.g., reusability).
- Proactively identify and resolve blockers to achieve business objectives for the product, including technical and resourcing challenges.
- Ensure alignment and adherence to corporate, financial, and IT standards (e.g., architecture, compliance, security).
- Increase adoption and consumption of product capabilities.
- Manage investment decision-making and finances for the product, taking a return-on-investment approach to increase the value while minimizing product costs.
- I serve as product manager for multiple related products.
- Define, track, and communicate relevant KPIs for the product to measure performance and contribution to business goals and strategy.
- Relationship building and collaboration skills across diverse and matrixed stakeholders and customers.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, independent and creative thinking, and leadership through collaboration, not authority,
- Ability to surface, prioritize, and balance multiple stakeholder priorities.
- Strong project management skills to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Experience in determining and overseeing software development initiatives and estimating resource requirements.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, including experience leveraging data to inform decision making and independently solving software engineering problems.
- Expertise in strategic thinking and strong business acumen.
- Strong experience in understanding business partners and client needs.
- Demonstrated success in defining and building products.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical information in a condensed manner to various stakeholders, verbally and in writing.
- characteristics, i.e., enthusiasm and willingness to get stuck in
- A team player.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment,
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent years of experience)
- At least 5 years of product management or related experience.
- A background in delivering B2B and SaaS products is preferred.
What we offer
- Your own world-class coach.
- Regular team social events
- Flexible working conditions
- Contribution to a wellbeing app (think meditation, fitness, sleep!)
- A weekly wellbeing hour and much more.
- Competitive benefit package
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to having a thriving, diverse team where everyone has a voice and feels able to be themselves. We believe that through valuing our uniqueness and respecting our differences, we can achieve more and that diversity adds to our culture. Attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we serve is essential to us.