Director Internal Communications
What does an exceptional Director, Internal Communications do?
The Communications team, part of LHH’s Marketing team, is responsible for planning and executing the organization’s communications strategy that embraces all areas of leadership and employee communications. The department manages communications in the areas of change management, employee training and engagement, values-based communications, mergers and acquisitions, and reorganizations.
What does an exceptional Director, Internal Communications do?
As a Director, Internal Communications and part of the Communications Team, you will invest 80% of your efforts on internal sales communications and 20% on internal communications supporting other verticals inside the organization. You will support the implementation of our sales and overall internal communications strategy, produce communications assets, support key stakeholders with communications expertise, and monitor campaign performance.
- In this role, you will report directly to the SVP, Communications
- Key stakeholders include the Sales Organization’s leadership as well as members of the Global Operations, HR, Product Development and IT global teams.
- None in 2020. Potential direct reports in the future.
Your new role
As our Communications Director, you will:
- Create innovative and engaging internal communications content to connect employees worldwide
- For the sales community specifically, support the production of monthly materials to support global sales managers’ meetings, as well as a CSO newsletter & quarterly global sales townhall
- Proactively look for opportunities to support the business and bring the corporate strategy to life
- Produce content for major company events, such as the annual Leadership Conference and Global Town Halls
- Produce communications that inspire behavior change and promote engagement with company initiatives
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums. You may also be required to work on the layout of the content.
- Draft messages or scripts for senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form
- Ensure that communication collaterals are consistent with LHH’s brand
- Measure internal communications outcomes and presents results while adjusting and flexing messaging as needed
- Apply knowledge of best-in-class internal communication practices
- Collaborate with Corporate Marketing to address internal communications initiated elsewhere within the company; publish timely information, such as memos based on company directives and initiatives, while ensuring consistency of communications
- Support the SVP of Communications in the development and implementation of LHH’s communication strategy
- Bachelors’ degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or Marketing is required. Master’s degree
- Minimum of 10 years in Corporate Communications with a proven track record of effective strategic as well as tactical performance
- Experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders, everyone from staff through C-suite executives
- Background in change management communications desired, experience working with a sales team is a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills that reflect an ability to clarify and simplify complicated issues, technical subject matter, adapting tone and technique depending on the author and/or audience
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source and create compelling stories
- Experienced with the creation of digital content such as videos, basic graphics and articles is essential
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, along with a high level of comfort with web-based technologies, with the ability to delivery high-quality results quickly and decisively under tight timeframes and deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, negotiate client approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and production quality under deadline pressure
- Tenacious with a high degree of attention to detail, with the ability to roll up your sleeves to manage all levels of work and projects, which includes everything from tactical to strategic level work depending upon the project
- Global mindset, ideally with experience working on global teams
- Highly competent, extremely discreet, and able to maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver who possesses strong interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with external communications and PR agency management a plus
The world of work is changing fast.
Profound changes at profound speed.
But whereas many see change as an existential threat,
a select few see it as an opportunity to make a difference.
An opportunity to deliver lifelong employability to a generation of talent in transition.
An opportunity to develop leaders, recognizing the capabilities needed for today,
while nurturing the expertise needed for the future.
And an opportunity to look beyond what’s right for a company, to what’s right for society as a whole.
And out of the few that see these opportunities, there are even fewer placed to actually deliver them.
At Lee Hecht Harrison, we have the scale, the expertise and the insight, not only to identify these opportunities, but to realize them.
Transforming workforces though career transition, talent development and strategic advisory.
Developing future skills, flexibility and foresight, delivered with a distinctly human heart.
We’re obsessively passionate, and quantifiably effective.
Making a difference to everyone we work with and for. And delivering it on a global scale.
Because opportunities aren’t there to be observed.
They’re there to be taken.
This is LHH.
This is Opportunity, delivered.
LHH is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans’ status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For additional information on our Diversity and Inclusion policy, please consult the following link: https://www.lhh.com/us/en/diversity-and-inclusion